Notices

day 16 off oxy, need some support plz!!!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 16 off oxy, need some support plz!!!

hi all... new here,first post,long time reader tho...

to get right to it,i was addicted to oxy for a year, its was time to something about it as the last couple of weeks of my habit hit 1000 mg... yep 1000, but only for a few days, usually 300 to 700 mg in the last few months befor that its way lower like 100,200 mg maybe.

i went to a detox / rehab center for 7 days , they gave me subutex starting at 8mg then 16mg on day 2, then tapered me down to 2 mg in 7 days i left feeling ok, (16 days off oxy now including the time in rehab) been out about 9 days now and having bad sleeping problems.

AM I 16 DAYS CLEAN OR 9???

iv taken xanax only a couple of times in the 9 days to sleep a bit as i am very aware of the dangers i have valium too but again iv only taken that a couple of times aswell,i dont like benzos anyway thank god..and dont wanna w/d from that ****..

I pretty much flushed every real opiode i had laying around when i got home,i left some of tramadols tho i had a couple wen the bupe wore off 7 days ago and i had one today , im aware of tramis addiction and w/d too.am i setting myself back??? as its a weak opiode???,i only have one left anyway.

now my main concern is SLEEPING,I have some melatonin,but its not working well,n i refuse to keep taking xanax every night, n feels like im going crazy wen i get 2 hours of sleep all night long,yuk man, last night was around 5hrs with the help of xanax.GOING CRAZY...

im trying my best to stay as strong as i can for my lil one n wife but no one understands what im going throught except YOU GUYS so PLZZ anything will help at this stage, y am i still felling like crap(nothing like full blow w/d) n cant sleep well after 16 days clean...and when will i be able to sleep at least 6 hours straight???

i tried to keep it as short as possible, just need to know how much longer n some support,i told ppl i was of to work wen i was in rehab as no one knows i had an addiction so i cant really vent out to anyone plus they wont understand anyway..

thanks alot in advance ...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel very stupid asking this question. What is oxy? Oxygen?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oxycontin, a very powerfull narcotic pain killer ,its an opiate like morphine.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tyson - welcome to SR

I'm not a Dr and the rules here preclude much medical advice but generally speaking I think you need to allow yourself some time before you feel great again - withdrawal from anything is going to take a little while...

adding other meds into the mix must have an effect too?

D
Old 04-25-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Tyson. Sorry but I have no experience with this, just sending some support your way.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would follow doctor's orders on the benzos to the letter. They are addictive, but I've been taking them trying to get sober for months. (All with a doctor's supervision and direction, and help) I haven't felt one bad thing coming off them. I'm detoxing with Lorazepam right now, and they aren't as good for treating alcohol withdrawal. (for me)

They can detox you from anything, but you can't lie to them and you can't have pills stashed around. From alcohol, it usually takes me like 2 weeks to start sleeping.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Tyson, I am glad you joined and are reaching out for help. That is the most important step. My poison is alcohol, but I was in a long stay dual diagnosis centre with someone who was being derided from oxygen. It took a long long time, but at four months, she was feeling like her old st. I have stayed in touch with her, now four years later, her life just keeps getting better. Keep posting, be honest with yourself and with others, ask for help. Don't put yourself in temptations way, and trust in both your doctor's and the process. You are doing great! I am sure your wife is very proud of your commitment and progress.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Whoops, auto correct sucks. should read detoxed from oxy
Old 04-25-2014, 10:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StormiNormi View Post
Whoops, auto correct sucks. should read detoxed from oxy
Lol I hope I never have to detox from oxygen.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lol .. thanks everyone, I'm hoping someone with a similar experience comes along ..
Is this thread in the right place?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the weekend Tyson

you could also look here:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 04-25-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fair enough, so it's the right place tho right ?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes, Tyson; it is good that you are here. There are others here who have experience with opiate addiction, I am sure they will find your thread. If it gets shuffled down the line, 'bump' it up until you find someone to connect with. Best wishes
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Newcomers is open to everything Tyson, yeah

D
Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

oh ok thanks again..
Old 04-26-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Go over to substance abuse as well, lots of fellow pills poppers there like me. The sleep won't kill you and just keep thinking that. THIS WILL PASS if you DO NOT pick up again. You are just coming off major amounts of drugs, it takes time to get back to normal rhythm. I know its killer, I had a 7 week relapse recently, was taking about 150mg a day and started sleeping again after day 13. I was also taking the melatonin. give it time. Can you get to an NA meeting? I also have a child, its stressful but like I say you won't die from lack of sleep, you will die from too many pills. So what is worse? Sleep or overdose.

I am proud of your accomplishments. I am on day 23 and feeling better every minute but working a strong program. Meeting a day, sponsor etc. Everything else I tried before (which was much just me and my head thinking I could do it) never worked.

This is my opinion, I think you have showed great strength and determination so far. I know you are going nuts, just like me I would DREAD the nighttime. DREAD IT. toss turn, get angry, kick legs, walk around house, be mad at spouse that he could sleep, dread work in the morning…god it was awful. But it passes. I used to just watch tv and eat a bowl of cereal as the milk would help me sleep. I have been through the dt's at least 5 times now. Hopefully this is my last one.

Hang in there, keep posting. read. journal. call someone from the program if you are part of one.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thanks hun, 23 days huh? thats mad, good on ya.. im expecting another week or so of lack of sleep,hoping it will go away NOW tho LOL , i just really hope the tramadol didnt set me back coz i felt great.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Tyson,
I got off of opiates 25 days ago. I spent 3 weeks getting myself down from 160mg of a combo of oxy and morphine to 10mg before I stopped. Sleep was the hardest thing for me, but right at 18 days I started to be able to sleep solidly again. I did not use any other opioids after my last pill, and my dose was lower than yours, so our patterns will probably be different, but you will be able to sleep again, I promise.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Tyson - When I used subs for a short-term taper I forget the exact day that the sleep got better, but I think it was around day 12. Subs would make my withdrawal milder, but they would last longer. The biggest thing with the sleep for me was to remain patient. Sometimes panicking about the sleep is worse than the actual lack of sleep.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

tyson I am right here with you, I'm on day 14 and wake up about every 2 hours every night. Keep at it I have been told it will take time but you will return to normal, god knows I can't wait for a good nights sleep and for my energy to return. So just know you are not alone here.
Congrats on 25 Adna.