Notices

Agitation city!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Agitation city!

Hello Everyone,

Day 2 and I have never felt more agitated, irritable and ready to lose it at anyone/everyone who crosses my path!!I feel so bad for my friends and family having to deal with me! I take everything that is said to me the wrong way and feel terribly angry and hurt for no reason. Most of all I feel frustrated at everything and everyone. Did you experience this? If so, When does it improve?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Oh yeah I did, especially at day 2. I was ready for an all out brawl with anyone just for looking at me cross. I did my best to just bite my tongue for awhile. I want to say that it started to settle down at about the 2 week mark for me.

That first week is tough, your body and mind are going nuts right now. Just hang in there and this too shall pass.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah day 1 here. Just fighting off shakes, and taking a bunch of benzos. (by "a bunch" I mean what the doctor told me to take)

Day two is notoriously a bad day for me. I hate everyone, and everyone hates me. Day three I really start feeling normal again.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fortunately for others, when I don't feel well, I tend to keep to myself and avoid confrontation. I was cranky but I knew it was from withdrawal so really stayed as low key as possible for the first few weeks. Hopefully, you'll be feeling better by the end of week one!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That first week is a tougher. The good news is that it only gets better after day four. Hang in there, you are doing great.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 2 was really bad, I am only on Day 4 and it is much better, actually even yesterday was nice, really tired but not so irritated.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I changed then my behaviour changed, before that I was as angry and as miserable as a kid who had just given his favourite toy away even though he didn't want to and thought he was forced by the people around him to do so.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Fortunately for others, when I don't feel well, I tend to keep to myself and avoid confrontation. I was cranky but I knew it was from withdrawal so really stayed as low key as possible for the first few weeks. Hopefully, you'll be feeling better by the end of week one!
I am also like this, completely avoiding unnecessary human interactions helps a lot. Better for everyone's health! LOL!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi. Quite a memorable period for me also which doesn't have to be repeated if we keep the plug in the jug. A good remember when. I, while drinking became quite undisciplined and developed different characteristics which I'll call undesirable. When not drinking they were worked on and became much more manageable with time.

BE WELL
Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's true for me as well....give it time and ride it out, it gets so much better and slowly serenity is restored....
Old 04-26-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Dreamer if you are having a better moment soon explain to your friends and family and apologize to them so they know it is the withdrawal and not personal. It may help for later.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dreamer, I am only on day 5 but my emotions are quite all over the place. I'm sure they will get better soon. Plus I figure anything has to be better than drunk me.

Be easy on yourself. Maybe try to get away and take a walk/bath or something when you start to feel agitated?
Old 04-26-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Agitation is certainly a hallmark to those early days of sobriety. In my case I was so sick along with the physical agitation and filled with remorse and guilt that I could not get irritable or agitated with others. Only myself.
I could only moan, cry and pray. Lots and lots of praying.

Almost 9 months later now and agitation hits infrequently and in a different manner. I mostly get agitated now about things I cannot control that remain in my life. The aftermath of that last 1 year of drinking. The serenity prayer works wonders when I get to feeling that way. Sometimes I need to say it a dozen times in a row.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing now Dreamer0?

D