Notices

Yoga to find higher power

Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yoga to find higher power

I signed up for beginners yoga classes starting next week. I think it'll be a good start to finding my inner peace and higher power. I'm really excited to start this process in my life. I've never been a part of anything like this before. I just realized I'm going to have to buy yoga pants...something I've ran away from since the yoga pants craze haha i think I'll go to goodwill
Old 04-26-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yoga and meditation go together like peanut butter and jelly. Buddhism is right there too. Are you Buddhist? Atheist?

A lot of people do not realize that Buddhists do not consider Buddha a God, and they do not worship him. They study, emulate and even revere his teachings, but he is not considered a deity.

God in Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-26-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi KG
Yoga is fantastic - I've practiced on and off for many years. It is the one thing that really helps me focus on including all 'the good stuff' in my life. I actually went to the yoga teacher, whose classes I've been to on and off for the last 4 years. I told her I was an alcoholic and I really needed to her in really incorporating the yogic tradition into my life. Over the last few weeks I have really transformed my diet, have been exercising every day and following her suggestions for adding in all the 'good stuff' so there is less inclination for addiction. It is working for me. In the first week after I'd seen her I binge drank on two occasions. Today is DAY 6 of sobriety. Good luck
Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellygurl1711 View Post
I signed up for beginners yoga classes starting next week. I think it'll be a good start to finding my inner peace and higher power. I'm really excited to start this process in my life. I've never been a part of anything like this before. I just realized I'm going to have to buy yoga pants...something I've ran away from since the yoga pants craze haha i think I'll go to goodwill
No way will you buy your first pair of yoga pants at the goodwill, youare going to go out and buy a brand new yoga outfit to reward yourself for all is wonderful behavior in for taking care of yourself and your way. seriously! You deserve it!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Haha luisalehz! You're right. at least new pants
Old 04-26-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I bet you'll love it I do!!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you just might find what your looking for s make sure you are ready for it
Old 05-07-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How are those yoga classes working out kellygurl?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's great, nice one!

The big mistake people make when stopping drinking is not to change themselves, all you can do to continue on this journey is worthwhile and something will definitely click for you along the way as long as you continue the action.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had my first one and it was awesome! Its only a beginner's class so we just worked on posture and breathing technique. I learned a lot tho too! I'm living it so far