Notices

Hello

Old 04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello,
My name is Karan and I am a heroin addict. I have not used since February and it is a daily struggle that I am trying to overcome. I have been clean before for a couple of months, so I am worried that I will relapse again. I have been trying to stay busy and keep my mind occupied, but using pops in my head every single day. So far I have resisted the temptation,mostly because I met a really good, supportive man. I want more than anything to get married and start a family, so I try to keep that in my head as a reason not to screw this up. I just don't know which desire is stronger at times, since I have screwed up before. This drug makes me my own worst enemy and I can't let it win. I thought by joining this group, I would get some more support that I desperately need.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Karan,

You will find great support here. I am personally on the Alcoholic realm of addiction but an addiction is an addiction!

Glad you joined
Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,Karen.
So glad you found this site.
There's a lot of folks here that have a lot of wisdom about addiction.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, great to have you onboard!!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Karan View Post
Hello,
My name is Karan and I am a heroin addict. I have not used since February and it is a daily struggle that I am trying to overcome. I have been clean before for a couple of months, so I am worried that I will relapse again. I have been trying to stay busy and keep my mind occupied, but using pops in my head every single day. So far I have resisted the temptation,mostly because I met a really good, supportive man. I want more than anything to get married and start a family, so I try to keep that in my head as a reason not to screw this up. I just don't know which desire is stronger at times, since I have screwed up before. This drug makes me my own worst enemy and I can't let it win. I thought by joining this group, I would get some more support that I desperately need.

Hi Karan, welcome aboard. You will always be made to feel welcome right here amongst great people.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi Karan, try not to worry yourself about relapsing keep telling yourself this time is different. Unfortunately those thoughts my pop up here and there just say NO. If you don't feel strong enough at the time get some support, call someone, come here, anything. You are stronger than the AV. We believe in you.

And if you do stumble we will be here to help you back up.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is a great support site....glad you found it You are way ahead of the game being clean as long as you have. Getting clean is hard but continuing to live the drug life is harder. Do whatever you need to do to not use. If you are thinking about using that is a sign to you that you need to amp things up on the support end. Make sure you reach out for the support!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Karan, you will find a lot of help and support here! Stay awhile and relax! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-25-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you join us Karan. It helps to not be alone any more - glad you found us.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind and encouraging words. So far, so good. Trying to keep busy so my mind doesn't wander into "that place" it isn't easy, but I am trying.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Karan, welcome to SR.