Notices

Feeling a Little Off Today

Old 04-24-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling a Little Off Today

So I'm on day 4 of sobriety and I'm happy that I've made it this far (3 days was my best record in recent memory). But it's weird, the first couple days I felt great but now I feel a little off.

I'm not exactly depressed, not exactly anxious, and I really don't crave alcohol right now. I'm just kind of... bluh. It may be boredom, which is an emotion I have not really experienced in a long time, but even that doesn't sound quite right.

I've noticed I've been really tired by the end of the day the last 2 days and I end up taking like 2 hour naps which is way out of character for me. And I still wake up tired and really can't wait until bed time (I work a 7am to 3:30pm shift).

I know it must be my brain and body healing itself and the feeling will pass eventually, but at any rate it's a weird state to be in. Did anyone else have a similar experience or have any input? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Honestly, the first three weeks or so, I felt "off."

My emotions were all over the place. There was weird things going on with my body and mind.

I honestly just rode it out. My old personality (pre-drinking) started coming back.

If there are any real concerns you have are you able to talk to your physician about them?

Edit: Along PamperingMe's lines, I started eating better. Fresh foods, lots of water and lots of vitamins.

Last edited by Aarryckha; 04-24-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Something else to say
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a similar experience around that time.
I tired combatting it by juicing fresh veggies (probably a placebo effect!) and thought of it as super nutrient rich potion. Again, maybe it was just a fantasy but it have me a boost mentally.

It makes sense you are tired. A lot of adjustments occurring. Rest! You probably need it.

Honestly the "blah" comes and goes for me but my thought process and focus is much sharper in just 30 days.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well tom servo, it is normal to feel abnormal, especially so early after stopping. I would guess you may feel this way for some time. Not always, it comes and goes. But for me, even at 60-90 days I was having feelings like this.
Good for stopping and making it 3 days. Just stay strong and keep positive about it. It gets better.
You can always try to find some mst3k to help you when you're feeling blue. Is that still on anywhere?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Honestly, the first three weeks or so, I felt "off."

My emotions were all over the place. There was weird things going on with my body and mind.

I honestly just rode it out. My old personality (pre-drinking) started coming back.

If there are any real concerns you have are you able to talk to your physician about them?

Edit: Along PamperingMe's lines, I started eating better. Fresh foods, lots of water and lots of vitamins.
It's nothing I'm concerned enough to contact the doctor about, but I do like the idea of eating better and giving myself a vitamin boost. And even before I started drinking heavily, water consumption was always less than needed... Thanks for the input!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job and please keep in touch on here we are all in this together
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Also I would like to add meetings are great for getting to know some people who are going through the same feelings as you are right now! It will pass. Just take care of you.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm at the end of day 3 and I've been feeling the same way. Lets hope it gets better soon... if not it has to be better than a hangover (that's what I've been telling myself).
Old 04-24-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Proud of you!

I'm on three years not a drop and it is so much nicer living my new life without the worry of hangovers anymore!