Just Realized Something, Probably Silly

Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Realized Something, Probably Silly

Do you remember when you first starting dating your A? They were attentive, sweet, affectionate, giving?

It feels like forever ago that mine was like that. The only reason I'm even thinking about it is because I wore a dress today to work (just a simple, old navy dress I bought for $10), and I've gotten compliments all day! While on my lunch break, as clients come in the office, etc. and it made me realize that my ABF never does that anymore. If I am ever "dressed up" and he happens to notice, he always accuses me of cheating on him. How did I not realize sooner that that sweet guy I was dating at first left? When did he leave? I guess as soon as I started trying to control his drinking.

Now we don't touch, we can't talk it only leads into an argument, I can't ask for help with anything since I "don't pay rent." How do we let ourselves become trapped in this? I will be so glad to leave. My heart aches for happiness, I hope one day I, and all of you, will find it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It happens slowly, like a frog boiling in a pot of water. The good thing is, once you notice it, you can't really un-notice it. Makes things a bit easier if you are gearing up to leave.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stoic

That might be a (to a lesser extent) natural part of being with someone for a long time, and not exclusive to an A.

After the "honeymoon" phase wears off, couples forget to let the other one know how much they still care by not doing the little things we do in every day life that we perhaps used to. We take the other person for granted, essentially.
I'll go out on a limb here and say it's more often the male that is the perpetrator.

This is not to say that all relationships are this way...I'm sure there are a few out there where the "spark" is present throughout the years. The lucky ones!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When are you leaving him? Does he know it yet? What's causing you to stay with a jerk?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
When are you leaving him? Does he know it yet? What's causing you to stay with a jerk?
I have a family member that is using our property to hold their wedding ceremony next month...so after that. No, he doesn't know.