Wow!! What was she thinking.....

Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow!! What was she thinking.....

I am not a huge fan of Oprah, however I do respect the hard work she has done on herself and many of her achievements.

But...

What was she thinking when she decided to a documentary on Lindsay Lohan?

Although I have not followed the show closely or on a regular basis, I have seen and read enough. Lindsay was only 6 days out of her 6th rehab when the shooting began. She has recently admitted to a relapse..."one glass of wine".....uhmmm ok and claims not to be a "typical addict. I know right from wrong and was raised right." Her words!! It's obvious that she still suffers from EGO, Narcissism, and being terminally unique which makes recovery seem almost impossible.

I don't personally care for Lindsay, but it's so sad to see her such a mess. She appears less then her "authentic self" and with very little class. IMO, the documentary is not doing her any favors, nor did the money she received from it. She can barely make the shoots, the producers were often angry, and Oprah had to fly in to talk to her. How will this help jump start her career??

It's painful to see what she, her addiction, her parents (yes, in this case, I blame her parents too) and her enables have created.

What was Oprah thinking? Did she think she was really helping her or this just another person exploiting this sick girl for $$.

PS. Gotta just love the rehab commercials. In case you didn't know, Cliffside Malibu "guarantees" recovery. Hey, didn't Lindsay and Charlie Sheen already attend their program? Are they the example of their guarantee??

But I am sure they paid Oprah's Network OWN good money for those slots and will attract some very desperate and devastated family members. IMO, rehabs help when the addict is ready and not a minute before....as seen over and over on here, public figures and with whom people I have met.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post

What was Oprah thinking? Did she think she was really helping her or this just another person exploiting this sick girl for $$.

all in the name of cash I think

how could exposer such as this ever be of any help for a struggling one ?

MM
Old 04-21-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
all in the name of cash I think

how could exposer such as this ever be of any help for a struggling one ?

MM
I agree.

Lindsay mentioned Cliffside, so I wonder if she got paid for that plug too!!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was watching this intermittently yesterday, I kept thinking this girl needs a mother who will march into her bedroom and yank her out of bed by the hair extensions at 8 am to get to work on time.
I feel sorry for her and think she has been mightily exploited by family and not well supervised into a healthy young adulthood, they gloss over much in the show.
I hope she has a shot at getting normal and sober, she has wasted almost 7 years being a mess.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I was watching this intermittently yesterday, I kept thinking this girl needs a mother who will march into her bedroom and yank her out of bed by the hair extensions at 8 am to get to work on time.
I feel sorry for her and think she has been mightily exploited by family and not well supervised into a healthy young adulthood, they gloss over much in the show.
I hope she has a shot at getting normal and sober, she has wasted almost 7 years being a mess.
Well now she is saying she was too sick from a miscarriage to work for those 2 weeks. So why didn't anyone call the producers and let them know she was too sick? And where was her mother to get her medical help? Too busy writing her new book!! Ughhhh

I used to feel sorry for her but not anymore. She is old enough now, has had lots of help, and chooses not to make any changes. You can't help the unwilling!!

ETA. - Fandy? Yesterday I just had to have a cannoli or two after reading that you make them homemade and your signature line. Thanks, lol.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I saw Lindsay on The View, must have been last Friday, and she talked about the Oprah show a little. What I saw was a sad girl who has been badly affected by her drug use...and yes, those exploiting her too. I think she was clean at the time, she was humble and open about what she had been through although they didn't dwell on that, more on her documentary and future success...we'll see how that goes.

I think a big part of the problem is that she thinks she is unique, not like "those people" who used drugs on the street or in poor neighbourhoods, and her parents seem to think so too as they are writing a book.

We mama's know the story well, we could have written books too but nobody would read them because nobody wants to believe it could happen to their daughter or their son...who aren't like "those people". "Those mamas" don't drive an hour to a crackhouse and threaten to kick down the door if their son doesn't come out...I mean that's just crazy..insane...who would do that? THIS mama, that's who, it's how bad WE can get trying to save our kids.

It's a sad story but not a new one. Daughter gets caught up in drugs and family tries to save her and can't because she won't save herself.

I pray for Lindsay, I don't have to like her to pray for her, and I pray for her family. I have a feeling this story is not over and may not end well. I pray I am wrong.

Hugs
Old 04-21-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Lindsay really perks up and "acts" totally different if she knows there is an audience or a camera on her. Her facial expression changes a lot when she is talking about money too. I never noticed before, not that I cared enough to, how truly narcissistic she is, although I am not surprised.

Yes, I agree.....this story may not have a happy ending, yet her parents will continue to profit from that as well. Very sad!! And so true about the "those people" attitude especially after as many treatment facilities she has been in. Didn't they attend family week?

Keeping them all in prayers too.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oprah is running a network that needs viewers. She puts out some very good programming but she has to balance it with drivel that will bring viewers. No one complains when George Clooney does a well paying movie. He typically then dumps the money Into independent projects. I don't see Lindsay as newsworthy and don't really listen to much entertainment news like her, Bieber, Kardashian...
Old 04-21-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

IMO, Lindsay is an interesting topic for this forum. She is a prime example of powerful addiction is, how money can't buy recovery and the supposed "best" rehabs in the country haven't made any difference.

Also, she sets an example how dangerous enabling can be.

For me, this isn't about being newsworthy, it's about addiction and recovery, and all that it involves.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I cringe sometimes when I see parents enable...because I was them not very long ago. Today I know better but I understand all the things parents do to try to save their addicted children. Enabling is usually done thinking it is "loving". I thought I could save my son if I gave him a safe place to live and my husband gave him a job and we bought him clothes and paid for things for him...I even bailed him out of jail once.

And I know how enabling plays out, so when I see Lindsay's parents, or any parent doing what I did, I just cringe and hope they too find recovery soon and a healthier way to live.

It's just sad, for her, for her family and for all who love her. And shame on the people who exploit these sad situations.

Hugs
Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, I blame her parents too. Look at them all, and the way they ALL behave. It is disgusting.

It has nothing to do with Lindsay getting better, or to help people. It is exploiting. All for ratings and money.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I wonder how anyone can recover in that jungle that is the entertainment industry. I wonder if Lindsay wouldn't be better off to have a couple of years of her early recovery working on an orange farm in southern California. Totally away from Tinsel Town.

dandylion