Notices

Meth

Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth

I have been using meth for some time now and I need to stop it's not even about the high anymore it just so that I can function every day and get the stuff I need to get done. I really need to stop using this ****.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

You can do this!!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tony

I am in the same boat but the way I use is binge once a month and bring the world crashing down on me. I'm starting the steps again but with my job and personal life I have used up my 9 lives.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Bigboy, and know that you have found lots of support here.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amphetamines like meth can be so terribly addictive because it pretty much scrubs away all the feel-good chemicals in the brain like dopamine and adrenalin. Which is why when you don't use it you don't have any motivation to get anything done. Speed is pretty much the number 1 drug that I obsess about and crave most often even though I've used other drugs more than I've used speed. Even though it doesn't have as bad as withdrawls as depressants, the cravings are very very intense so I see where you're coming from. I'm lucky to be in an area where meth is really hard to find.

Keep reading through here and keep posting about it. You're not alone.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR BigBoy

D
Old 04-20-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! you'll find loads of support here!!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jakec it is very hard and I have stopped before only for about a month that is my biggest fear is that I will lose my motivation I get up at 3am to get ready for work I start at 5am to 3pm Mon -Sat. I plan to take 5days off at the end of the month to try and get this out of my system my cuz-n is going to help me she works at pathways and is a former user as well my biggest problem is how do I stop thinking about it or how do I stop craving it.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support it means a lot to me I know this is going to be hard but I will keep it at one day at a time
Old 04-23-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I 1st started using it was to lose weight fast I started off just Mon -Fri. Then it was 7 days a week turned it 3to 5 times a day. I had a rule that I would never use my money and that work for a long time I have tried to quit before and made it a month so I know it can be done. I have using for 10plus years and if you were to see me or pass on the street you would not even know I had a problem. This drug is bad I am looking forward to the day I have no thought of using this drug I also know that every day is going to be different I look forward to having my energy back and not having to use something to get energy so much of my time has been wasted on this drug