Courage To Change 04/19/14

Old 04-19-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 04/19/14

I had spent a lot of time yearning for things I wasn’t getting from the alcoholic in my life. As a part of my Al‑Anon recovery, I was encouraged to put those needs on paper. Courtesy, respect, attention, affection, communication— my list of the areas in which I felt my loved one had let me down went on and on. My Sponsor applauded my honesty and then suggested that I could bring all the things on my list into my life. The catch: I had to give what I wanted to receive and become what I wanted to attract. Did I present a shining example of courtesy
and all the rest? If not, I had a wonderful list of goals already on paper. I have often heard that we get back what we give, and now I know that it’s true. As I grew kinder and more
loving, other people responded to the change. I also felt much better about myself.
Today I can honestly say that all the qualities on my list exist in my life at least some
of the time. I hadn’t expected these results—or any others, for that matter. I was too busy focusing on myself. I think that’s why it worked.

Today’s Reminder

Today I can take an active role in fulfilling my needs. I can choose to become someone I would want to have in my life.

“Many of us find that as we practice treating others fairly, with love and respect, we ourselves become magnets for love and respect.”

. . . In All Our Affairs
Old 04-19-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Note: This is actually yesterday's reading (4/18), I posted today's reading (4/19) yesterday accidentally >I thought it was the 19<
I apologize for any confusion.