Notices

Recovery starts now!

Old 04-18-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery starts now!

Hey everyone,

I am new here and hoping with good support I can make a final recovery to a 5 year struggle. I have been off and on prescription drugs now off and on for 5 years. My main drug of choice is Lortab, and Tramadol. I guess all these years I have had an under cause to why I seem to get back on the drugs and I think I have finally realized the main issues and have done everything in my power to change them. Work was one issue the constant stress, and in my line of work you would need to preform. Sales jobs are tuff. I thought for the longest time I wouldn't be able to preform if I stopped taking them and last year I committed to stop them and see how I would do, turns out I did better.. Recently though about 5 months ago I had some issues with my stomach that caused me great pain and I found myself on them once again. It started off where I needed them for pain but soon found myself taking them even though the pain was gone, I was hooked.. It started with Tramadol taking anywhere from 6-10 a day 50 mlg's and about a month ago I found myself upgrading to Lortab ( Vicodin) I was taking 4-5 a day 10/325. I realized that I needed to stop and I was addicted so I made the choice as of 2 weeks ago I would quit. I ran out and went 1 full day without them the next day feeling worse took myself to a local dr and got 10 more. I tried to do the wing off thing but Didn't have the will power to do so. For the last 2 weeks I have got it to where I have only been taking 3 10s a day so 30 mlg of the hydrocodine. I took my last dose at 7pm today and have no more. I need to kick this and get through these withdrawals. I know it will be tuff considering I know what to expect where I was going through withdrawals 4 days ago. The depression for me is by far the worst and what I'm fearing. The physical sucks very bad as well where I know I will be going through cold and hot sweats, Not being able to get comfortable, RLS, runny nose, back and leg pain, headache, not being able to sleep. However for me the deep depression is the killer. I'll feel that nothing is interesting, even watching t.v will be hard to do, I find myself talking a lot, feeling of a dark blanket over my head. It's absolutely dreadful! I'm really hoping that you guys can help me through this and kind of cheer me on as I go through the hell to come. I do have a question.. I know everyone is different but as a general ball park with 3 10's a day of lortab, does anyone know about how long the physical will be and the mental depression? I guess I'm hoping someone here may have had the same dosage as me and gone off of it cold turkey like I'm doing and may have an answer, kind of a light at the end of the tunnel mental boost for me. Thanks guys!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Clutchit and welcome to SR.

It's probably best to get advice from a dr as everyone's situation is different.

SR has been a big support for me in my recovery journey. I hope you find it the same.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome CLuTcHiT
I have no experience with the drugs you mention, but others here will.

It's always difficult to put a timetable on things like withdrawal tho cos we're all different.

I think it's a given tho that things do get better - I really hope you stick with it

D
Old 04-19-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey all, just wanted to follow up with my progress on here. I took my last dose of lortab (hydrocodien) yesterday at 7pm, it's now 2:00 pm the next day and so far I don't feel too bad. I can feel my stomach starting to rumble and colon starting to wake up after 5 months of being asleep. I have been here before so I know as the day passes I will start to feel worse, I am hopeful and great flu I found this forum to vent. I got to sleep at 3 am last night and woke up at 1:30pm so good sleep. I'm hoping I can get some rest tonight if I feel horrible I plan on taking some promethizine for a little help to sleep. wish me luck everyone I'm coming up on 24 hours in 5 hours.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I have no answers for you but we have a substance abuse forum that might have the answers you're looking for.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome clutch. No time like the present