Notices

Day27 ...FREAKIN OUT!!!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day27 ...FREAKIN OUT!!!

Feel so out of control of my life, thoughts, myself right now and my anxiety has been INSANE for the last couple days!!!!!! I did go to a meeting today and it was good initially but WOW anxiety AND a craving for cigarettes is ALWAYS HERE ...((I smoked casually before and sometimes when drinking but not a lot or regularity before)) but wow just can't stop the urge to smoke .. I have stopped that craving with chocolate but my stomach hurts and my mouth is not doin well cause I have literally ate too much lol-- kinda funny but I'm really struggling right now!!! NEED HELP please help!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is there any reason for you to be this anxious AngelAlcoholic?
Do you have a history of anxiety or is this new?

D
Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Anxiety started a couple months ago when I was thinking about my transition out of my job of 13 years... Then when I stopped drinking it's been crazy aniety
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry your going through all that Angel, what is the root of your anxiety? Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are you back to working yet?
Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you need to see someone about it? It sounds very debilitating.

D
Old 04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey everyone I'm having internet connection problems- wrote 3 responses and they all failed to send...

Thanks for replys will respond when I get better reception (don't know if this will go through)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll be here

D
Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The root of my anxiety is being around family/people that don't know/understand what I'm going through ... I don't expect them too just felt really lonely and like I wanted to escape without making a scene to smoke .... Not having alcohol to "numb out" anymore is a challenge to work through my emotions

As for work.. I have been serving in the military for 13 years and am being medically released from a MVA years ago..... It's been my life family pay cheque and pride and I have had such a hard time letting this part of my identity go as I have one more year until I won't ever put my uniform on again. ... This is where my drinking got me to my "rock bottom" as I was unable to deal with my emotions around this transition... It's a long process but I'm liking this new change becoming sober it's just a Freaking HUGE Challenge !!!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

maybe you need to meet more sober folks? It's important to have people to talk to who understand.

Have you thought of a meeting based recovery group like AA or one of the non 12 step alternatives?

A good counsellor could help you too - especially with the changes you're looking at in your career?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply and yes a larger group of super friends that's for sure... I'm working on that

I have been going to AA meetings everyday that I don't have 2 other appointments and it's awesome... AA all the way for sure.

And yes have counselling... I just have a heavy load of change going on... Having struggles dealing with it all... I find it hard to slow things down for myself and that's one of the biggest things I'm trying to work at...