Notices

8 days and aa

Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 days and aa

Ok so,many of you have said kind, wise, helpful words during a pivotal time for me: coming to terms with being an alcoholic. I stayed up all night reading your posts and asking more questions, and crying.

Really acknowledging that, figuring out what to say to my family ... It all completely overwhelmed me. But 8 days ago I knew I couldn't go back. Have been taking things a day at a time. And I can not believe how difficult this is but it's getting a little easier already. There is hope! I do want to put in a good word for aa in case anyone is considering it. I've been twice today and can't say enough good things about my experience.

Thank You for helping me begin to heal.

Last edited by izzy8; 04-17-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Auto correct wrong
Old 04-17-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on 8 days Izzy - Being among others who can relate & understand the struggle with the "beast" is a good thing...Im glad you have that support
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done Izzy - glad you gave it a try and it's helped.

Keep going back - it works if you work it!! xx
Old 04-18-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, Izzy. My first meeting is tomorrow morning. Your words are encouraging! It's the first time in my last 3 years of trying to gain sobriety, that I decided this part is time as nothing else has worked. Hugs to you!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations and as they say keep coming and remember when was in looking back so important to me. I never liked being an alcoholic but needed to accept what I couldn't change and proceed from there by getting to many meetings to repair my dysfunctional way of life. It does get better each day we don't pick up.

BE WELL
Old 04-18-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

way to go izzy, that's great. I think the hardest part for most of us is the acceptance part. Not that the rest is any easier, but once you understand that 'this is it' the journey begins to be realized. The path you choose and the way you get there is up to you. As it is, we are all on this same journey. And we are all on this journey together. The journey never ends. But after a while it will become less arduous. And eventually, we hope, it will be like a casual stroll in the park. We can then turn our attention to the beauty of life and all that exists. Though we must always be mindful that the enemy still lurks behind the bushes.
Thanks for the post izzy, inspirational!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm hoping for that stroll in the park. Happy to walk the journey w you guys