Notices

SPICE IS REALLY BAD! please read

Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow SPICE IS REALLY BAD! please read

hello my name is victor, I'm a 22 year old current security guard also goin to start school soon at a Refridgeration institute. for about 2.5 to 3 years I've been slowly but surely getting more and more dependent on spice. I've been a pot smoker on and off since high school. I've also experimented with other drugs such as coke, extacy, and pain pills and other misc pills. non of the pills or drugs ever made me crave them, the only one that came close to spice for me is pain pills and even at that it wasn't as bad like now. cuz i wasn't able to function on pain pills. i can go throughout my whole day spiced out.

so here is my spice or "k2" or whatever the heck you wanna call it story, to my understanding its all the same just diff label and maybe potency. i never in my life thought that this little "HARMLESS" substance would get to my brain and soul like it did. this stuff is nothing to mess with idk about other states but in arizona its illegal to sell or make. so now the way my local head shop sells it is only to known customers and you almost have to have a pass code type saying to get it. you have to go to the register and say "let me get a ten" not let me by some spice or not even get to pick what kind they have. they have the stuff in an unmarked bag with now label at all under the counter in a desecrate bag. the past few months i have started to notice traits and behaviors due to spice that really made me realize a lot.

some of my negative symptoms of using spice that made me rethink it was raising heart rate out of know where, literally waking up every 2 hrs at night to take some hits, pushing the people i love away, secluding my self in my room playing vid games all day, nights that i had to go without spice i could barely sleep, then wait till the minute it opened and go buy a bag right away. i didn't realize it at the time but spice was the reason i broke up with my girl, moved back home to my parents. i just feel ashamed that i let a substance control me. i am learning a lot growing up these past few months after i had to take guardianship of my little bother. I'm 22 looking after a 14 year old. it made me grow up really fast. i now know life is way more valuable then just some lil leaf with chemical on it. people just don't know how bad this stuff is for you. it changes you as a person. it really does it makes you not you. you think diff and you act diff. i really wish i never tried it. i think the worst thing about it is that the young culture doesn't think twice about using it because of how its advertised, or at least how it was before the banning. it was a big buzz cuz it was legal, it didn't SEEM to get you hooked on it. the thing that gets you hooked is that your innocence to it at first, you don't think anything cuz you bought it at the store, and its cheap well it was before the ban. so you start smoking a lot of it cuz of these reasons, unknowingly its slowly getting ahold of your brain, heart and soul. i mean i was to the point that i was thinking of my bank account more like a spice account... that is pathetic. i have been noticing all of these symptoms over the past month or two. i tried to quit before it only lasted maybe a day at most. but the BIG difference is that i tried to quit on my own because i was ashamed of my actions. now i know that was not at all the way to do it. you need support to quit this stuff or any substance, i finally broke down to my mom my brother, my ex (we are actually trying to mend things now) i feel like its a completely different ball game now that i have a different plan of action. if i have any advise to anyone trying to quit any substance is LET THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE KNOW YOUR PROBLEM. if they love you back they will understand everyone makes mistakes. and they will help you and support you. this was my biggest mistake is not telling ppl what is going on. if your trying to quit alone.... good luck. CHANGING your routine too, don't get up get dressed and put that damn lighter in your pocket.. cuz thats the first step to failure without even realizing it, go get a gym membership, go take a class at an arts center. do something with your life instead of getting high. go meet a new person, take a walk SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Don't get me wrong I'm still craving, and withdrawing.... yeah i got the night sweats, nausea, lack of sleep, my intelligence hasn't seemed to been affected but for sure my speech has been affected. sometimes i get words mixed up sometimes i can't remember wat i was talking about while I'm still in the conversation, this frustrates the living daylights out of me

in so many words, I'm trying my hardest to get away from this stuff. so much so as to go an make an anonymous tip to the police that there is illegal selling of spice at the head shop near me. then i called the next closest shop and told them to stop or police will get involved. I'm sure they won't stop till the police show up one day. but anyway I'm closing out my second day off spice. i take a few drags of pot to ease my symptoms and see if i get hungry, cuz since i stopped spice almost two days ago I've only eaten a can of corn and two oranges.

but i think reading all these stories made me kinda iffy about weed.. witch i think is good. i am slowly hating spice more and more as i type and read stories on here. these stories made me feel ALOT better to know ppl are goin thru EXACTLY the same thing as me. read them as much as you can, and if your going through this spice addiction, why don't you hop over to the people who have meth and heroin addictions.,, makes me feel like mine is so minuscule. even tho my addiction is pretty serious still.

just don't do it people... its not worth it. less then ten mints a high isn't worth being depressed, anxious, sleepless, hopeless, homeless, MONEYLESS. thats what I'm looking forward to is the MONEYYYYYY, i wanna travel the world now, i wanna see things out of my country. i wanna actually LIVE. not wait to die in a room with some plant substance lonely.

live your life, don't wait around. GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR ADDICTION.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Victor
Thanks for sharing a little of your story and thanks for the warning.

For what it's worth I don't think anyone's addiction is 'miniscule', especially not compared to anyone else's.

Your problems are just as big as mine or anyone else's
If someone has a problem, they need to address it, no matter what the drug is, I think.

D
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Try try again

A longtime friend of mine started doing spice and he changed drastically. It was so sad to watch him become dark, brooding and anxious.

It's wonderful that you took the initiative to stop smoking it. Congrats to you, Victor!!

I look forward to more of your encouraging posts!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks dee74 and southernbe11e this cite is the first cite i found so i stuck to it. these stories i read give me comfort and strength to quit. and just plane out scares me. thanks for reading my post. dee74 its true now that i think of it. my addiction made my life crap just like the other "hard" drugs do. so you sir are right
Old 04-17-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

anyone that has any stories or advise it would be nice to talk on here or share your story, thanks ppl
Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck with your school, there are a lot of opportunitys in refrigeration, I applied and was vetted for one last month, pay was 22.00 a hour but failed the backgroundcheck due to a misdameanor ( alcohol related ) get clean and don't f up your record , your to young to have a paper trail , goodluck
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AdmimalBlueEyes View Post
Good luck with your school, there are a lot of opportunitys in refrigeration, I applied and was vetted for one last month, pay was 22.00 a hour but failed the backgroundcheck due to a misdameanor ( alcohol related ) get clean and don't f up your record , your to young to have a paper trail , goodluck
Thanks for your post man, I really am looking forward to the school. The pay you mention isn't bad either ! I love this cite it gives me alot of positive thoughts as I go thru these withdraws and read other Ppls stories. I even bought the app just alil bit ago.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Victor,

I did not have a problem with the drug known as "spice/k2", but have met people that did. I think you hit the nail on the head with the fact that so many of the so called "softer" drugs are perceived harmless in the public, while many of them have just not been characterized well enough to know how exactly they affect the brain and their addictive potential.

As far as I know, the exact chemical composition of spice may somewhat vary between manufacturers, but usually it contains compounds that act at least to a certain extent similarly to marijuana/THC. There is certainly a lot more information available on marijuana, which is, as you may know, also often perceived as a harmless or beneficial drug. However, it's pretty clear these days that pot use can also develop very strong dependence and a variety of negative consequences in certain people - there are also many stories on this board.

It may be that you are particularly sensitive to the specific chemical formula in spice. I think in this context it does not matter what others think of it since you clearly developed a problem with it. So the best way to go for you is probably stop completely, however hard that is - what you are trying to do. It's probably unlikely that from this stage you would be able to use it "safely".

It's also nothing strange that you experience problems with a specific drug and not others. This is how most of us tend to have our drug(s) of choice... I, for example, fell in love with almost any psychedelic drug that I tried in the past, and those are not generally considered addictive in the classical sense. I think I never really got hooked on them because my initial experiences, how much I liked the effects, scared me away from getting more deeply into it. But I fantasized countless times about using them even when I wasn't using them. It's just that the effect of those substances really click with me personally. Better steer clear.

I am very glad that you posted your story - thank you for that! It's very important to raise awareness on the effects of drugs, especially substances that are not so widely known and used as spice.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

haennie, thanks for readying my story. i do want to make people more aware. especially young kids. i hate the fact that young kids especially are doing it without batting an eye. and i also feel like being so negative toward spice it makes me hate it more. i am starting my third day without spice and my symptoms are lightening everyday.

i really think your attitude makes or breaks your addiction. i mean I've had this addiction for about 3 years and i changed my attitude about quitting and its made it so much different quitting this time then before. i am a christian and I've recently since last year goin back to church.

this is also a BIG reason quitting is easy this time. my faith has been found again. its like i have to fight spice out of my life to bring god into it. spice literally attacks my faith everyday all day. but i try my hardest to ignore these feelings. because i know its this substance making me think this way.

I've never really had my doubts about life. SPICE made me doubt everything in my life. as harmless as it seems and even tho you think you hit the jackpot with this substance. its just as evil as heroin or meth to me.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Beautifully said, Victor. I had a similar experience with alcohol - my drinking habit (gradually) totally took away my best features and turned me into something akin to a black hole, if you like a metaphor...

I agree our attitudes can make a big difference in everything, so it's worth improving our morals and attitude in recovery.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i agree haennie, my loving caring self didn't give a heck about anything but spice and getting high
Old 04-18-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i think any drug you take can do good and harm. but ones that directly or indirectly marketed to Feel good, Get high, substitute for Pot, relaxes you" or any other marketing or word of mouth has very little positive medical use.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I just read an article in Time magazine yesterday on the rise of synthetic cannabinoids. Every time the chemicals used are banned, the manufacturers just use different chemicals. No one even really knows what's in this stuff, except that it is a combination of toxic deadly chemicals that are unpredictable. People are dying from this stuff that was, until recently, sold openly and cheaply. It is especially targeted toward teenagers and young adults. I dated someone a few years ago who smoked this and he became very weird...aggressive and erratic. Like all addictions, it's serious and deadly. This is from the NIDA:
"Spice abusers who have been taken to Poison Control Centers report symptoms that include rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Spice can also raise blood pressure and cause reduced blood supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia), and in a few cases it has been associated with heart attacks. Regular users may experience withdrawal and addiction symptoms. We still do not know all the ways Spice may affect human health or how toxic it may be, but one public health concern is that there may be harmful heavy metal residues in Spice mixtures."

Glad you are here and glad you are finding your way back from the darkness of addiction.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Soberlisious, yeah the world just doesn't know enough about this stuff. Ppl just thinks it's "no big deal"

From my own experience, I think this drug is just as addictive and detrimental to your life as hard drugs that are common like meth and heroin.

Started my third day off synthetic and I'm startin to see my body and mind already changing
Old 04-18-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
The fact that people think it's no big deal actually makes it more dangerous. I think awareness is on the rise though. It's a quiet epidemic at the moment. Unfortunately lots of death and destruction will take place in order for people to start taking notice.

The people manufacturing this stuff have no regard for human life. They will put any chemical in it without a second thought...for the almighty dollar. So sad.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fantastic post Victor, well shared!!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks, I feel like if one person doesn't try it cuz of my story then I did what I'm trying to do, even tho deep down I want it totally gone but now that it's here.... Like all drugs it most likely isn't goin anywhere any time soon.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Victor, everything you had said, has happened to me. I remember I used to countdown the minutes to when I would get paid and go out and get it. It really does take over your life, I've been smoking spice for almost 2 years and quitting really is hard, trust me I've tried many times. But reading your post is like a motivation. I hope all is well and congrats on finding a healthier path in life.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm glad you found my thread i really do wish ppl would let it be known that it's taking over the young culture. Everyone that hears about it thinks it jus flavored Tobacco. That stuff makes you a different person. It doesn't just get you high it changes you. Your thought procces. Everything. I hope the workd realizes it soon.

Is your state made it illegal? And shops probably still sell it huh?
Old 04-20-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Exactly! I was so naive when I started smoking it, I didn't think it was bad until the times where I trip so horribly. I live in Maryland, we banned it from this state but I still know like two gas stations that sell them but it's so expensive. They would sell it for $31.80 when it used to be just $20. (Yes I know the price, I just recently quit) so wasting money was the worst part. And you? How's the spice deal going on where you love?