i think i had an epiphany

Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i think i had an epiphany

Spelled epiphany wrong sorry all. Short background , told my x dry drunk I was leaving in October 2013 bought a home and move out. All great right , well the craziness of my co dependency kicked in high gear, sobbing , mind spinning , obsessing etc.. talked to him , he asked for me to come visit last weekend. I was quite excited for a possible beginning of a reunion. Wow , as I wrong .. I got to his house ,He laid on the couch basically ignoring me until it was 5 minutes before we left for dinner . I had bought new shoes , got my toes done etc...(Did I tell you he said we were going for a nice dinner date), he threw on a t shirt , no shower no shave nothing . Complains about waiting 30 minutes at the restaurant and plays video games on his phone until we sat Down . Not to mention he took me to a seafood restaurant and he knows after 10 years I do not like seafood. Need I say more ugh!! I cried hysterically for two days , then it was like a light switch... I do not want that , I want a man that meets me , meets me in life and love. I am finally mad ! it feels so much better than fear and sadness .
I feel somewhat sorry for him ,he has no clue how to love or be in a mutually fulfilling relationship. I hope this feeling continues.

Last edited by horsegirl; 04-17-2014 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by horsegirl View Post
Spelled epiphany wrong sorry all. Short background , told my x dry drunk I was leaving in October 2013 bought a home and move out. All great right , well the craziness of my co dependency kicked in high gear, sobbing , mind spinning , obsessing etc.. talked to him , he asked for me to come visit last weekend. I was quite excited for a possible beginning of a reunion. Wow , as I wrong .. I got to his house ,He laid on the couch basically ignoring me until it was 5 minutes before we left for dinner . I had bought new shoes , got my toes done etc...(Did I tell you he said we were going for a nice dinner date), he threw on a t shirt , no shower no shave nothing . Complains about waiting 30 minutes at the restaurant and plays video games on his phone until we sat Down . Not to mention he took me to a seafood restaurant and he knows after 10 years I do not like seafood. Need I say more ugh!! I cried hysterically for two days , then it was like a light switch... I do not want that , I want a man that meets me , meets me in life and love. I am finally mad ! it feels so much better than fear and sadness .
I feel somewhat sorry for him ,he has no clue how to love or be in a mutually fulfilling relationship. I hope this feeling continues.
Yep. THAT should have cleared that crap out of your heart and mind.

"We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves."

PROMISES AA Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Promises of AA 12 Steps
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hate seafood!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Go girl, yay xx
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have had a similar experience. No one wanted me to go, said it was my codependency kicking in but I didn't think so. I had to go for me, I had to see for myself, the reality, not my fantasy. It was powerful. I am glad you went too.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I have had a similar experience. No one wanted me to go, said it was my codependency kicking in but I didn't think so. I had to go for me, I had to see for myself, the reality, not my fantasy. It was powerful. I am glad you went too.
Crazy, some people said don't go tome too. I went anyway, even though it tore me up for two days after , I'm glad I went. I am not sure when i would have had my.light switch moment if it had not gone ... wow it was is not clear in10 years, but became crystal clear in one night .. I'm in awe of a higher power at this point.