Notices

Sixty......

Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sixty......

Days!!! Haven't revealed my "not drinking" to the world, have been hiding out and living where I do it was easy with our horrible winter. Now the nice weather is coming.....holy trigger!!! I am still having trouble surrendering mentally and my husband is the only one who truly knows, but is on a business trip and we fought before he left, so today is a solo victory for me, but since it is mine, I am goin to cherish it. This is the longest I have been sober since 18 or earlier (outside of pregnancy) and I am 43....errrr....I mean 37! Hahaha! I am laying in bed listening to my middle schoolers get ready with a sleeping nine year old draped over me. No headache, no nausea, no hangover. I am JUST starting to feel better physically, the biggest sign of healing I can see is my skin. My chin had turned purple....so so gross....but has faded significantly and the texture of my skin is something I haven't felt in years, I mean Neutrogena is good, but it's not that good! I have so many challenges ahead of me, to think of them scares me, but I am realizing it's good to be scared, scared keeps me from drinking and scared makes me plan and scared motivates me. But today is sixty, I am going to cherish that today and be proud of myself dammit! I also will not drink today....getting on to 61!!! Thanks for your help, for reaching out, for understanding and for sharing this journey. All the best to you guys today!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Outstanding EJ43!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent job, EJ! Congratulations!!! I am a 43 year old mother, too. I am about 6.5 months sober and I haven't looked or felt this good in years. Your self esteem comes back in spades. Stay with it, life is so much better this way. I feel like I have been let in on the best secret in the world!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations EJ43, that's an accomplishment! I used to get overwhelmed with things to do until it was pointed out I could only do one thing at a time. I made lists and did one at a time until it was a habit and I was far less anxiety prone.

BE WELL
Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great stuff!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Congrats!!! That is amazing!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Muy bueno EJ. Way to go on 60 DAYS!
Don't let it rule your life, but never forget being scared. It is a healthy fear we want.
Over the past few weeks when I started hearing the AV telling me I got this licked I just read the posts of newcomers (I'm still one myself) and it reminds me that I need to keep that fear in me always. Congratulations and keep it up.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love it! Congrats and I hope to be where u are in 57 days lol!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS EJ 60 days is fantastic. My grand daughter is called EJ short for Ellie Jo. You are past the part that was the hardest for me. It just keeps getting better and better. I love being sober, clear headed and remembering last night. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is awesome to have this amount of time EJ! I hope you continue your sobriety journey as it does keep getting better
Old 04-17-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats, EJ; well done; am very happy for you.