Notices

6 weeks

Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wiz

6 weeks

I just passed my 6th week of sobriety and it seems worse than at 4 weeks. I guess the euphoria is wearing off. Also, I'm sleeping about 10 hours a night and still tired. Anyone else have these issues. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

yep, was called My Body Was Healing. everyone is different, but you are learning how to be sober.

irritable, restless, and discontent? there is a way out of that, too!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Wiz

I dunno about you? But I drank for years...it took a little time for my mind and body to heal and for things to feel 'normal' again...

Of course if you're worried, please do see a Dr, if only to set your mind at ease

D
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Yep! Same here! Pink cloud went *poof*.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiz View Post
I just passed my 6th week of sobriety and it seems worse than at 4 weeks. I guess the euphoria is wearing off. Also, I'm sleeping about 10 hours a night and still tired. Anyone else have these issues. Thanks.
Well done on 6 weeks. Give yourself time to heal. Also, if you want to speed up your physical and emotional recovery, you should exercise and eat a very healthy diet. If you're already doing that and still feeling tired, see your doctor. Whatever, you do, fight through the discomfort and stay sober. Things will get better.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ditto on what Feenix said. And Dee. Fight through it. I have been fighting the same as you and know that for me a large part of it is the change of seasons. With each new season passing in sobriety I am faced with the triggers of drinking particular to that season. With spring I used to sit on my back porch and drink when the weather got warmer and I put the garden in. In the summer it would be the same back porch sitting watching the rain fall on a hot day. A lot of people at my AA meetings are feeling the pull of the seasonal change too. Just recognize that it is normal. Renew your commitment to live sober. Redouble whatever is working for you now and add something new.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Wiz. It does get better and everyone's time-scale is a bit different xxx
Old 04-17-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was tired. It seemed I had a lot of energy at the start of the day but it wore off quick.

Just get the sleep, it helps.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tired didn't describe it!!! Just starting to move out of it , but some days just wham, exhaustion. I went to bed early and took vitamins, but realized it was something I had to get through. Hang in there, you are one day closer to feeling better!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

6 weeks is awesome! Well done