Notices

Over 24 hours sober

Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Over 24 hours sober

I was taking hydrocodone 10/325 about 5-7 times a day. I started 4 years when I met my now husband. He took them and he always seemed so happy and positive. Finally I realized how much my life had declined since taking them. I don't even like painkillers. Why did I continue? I think I was so scared of withdrawals. I have a daughter and my husband has 2 children from a previous marriage. I felt I was under so much stress when we married and I moved in with him. He has a psychotic ex wife. And every time I wanted to get off them I didn't because i feared withdrawal symptoms. But finally Monday April 14, I took 1 (10/325) and towards the middle of the day when I was going to take another I just decided not to. I had about 8 pills left and I thought "I will take these through out 2 days to withdrawal and then quit". But I have said that so many times. So right then I flushed them. So I'm going on 48 hrs of withdrawal and I felt pretty bad lady night. No energy, dizzy, stomach discomfort, confusion, and whole body hurt. But this morning I woke up early and I don't feel to bad. Except my chest feels very tight. But I feel ok! I keep thinking about the pills though. Like if I take a half I will feel better. But I know it just starts the vicious cycle all over again. So I am going to be strong - and I am praying these thoughts will stop, it's almost like I'm obsessively thinking about them. Even though my physical symptoms aren't that bad. Is the worst over, the physical symptoms that is?
Old 04-16-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi KayrayYay

I don't know anything about hydrocone I'm afraid. If you have questions or worries perhaps the best thing is to see a Dr?

None of us are Drs here, and we can't give you medical advice.

D
Old 04-16-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi KRY, congratulations on making a positive change in your life. I hope you continue to get all drugs out of your system because I'm sure you will cope without them.
Good luck on the psychotic wife, but she's the one out of control, not you.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Happy you are seing this for what it is, an addiction.

Pull all the support and ressources you need to get this fixed, it is possible to live a normal life.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Kayray, you might want to see a Dr. as Dee said, the body is an amazing thing but it has limits. I never took any pills but my SO was prescribed that hydo stuff and told the Dr. she wasn't taking any "Hillbilly Heroin" so it can't be that good for you or to get away from. Please take care of yourself! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-16-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm still functioning and doing good. Besides a little anxiety and dry mouth. I will never take another norco again. It's been over 36 hours. Maybe the worst is over with. I hope so. I feel better and stronger. That I committed to something and I actually followed thru with. So far.