Notices

First Sober Vacation :)

Old 04-15-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Sober Vacation :)

It's officially 2 weeks sober now for me and we are at the beach for a couple days during my son's spring break. I just have to ask.. Does anyone else feel like vacations can be stressful??
There's always the bickering with the significant other...inevitably important things get forgotten....for instance....
We had a stressful 2-3 hour car ride...which was really longer because of unnecessary detours lol and trying to get grocerys for the trip...and of course...I FORGOT THE COFFEE...so we get out to Point Lookout in Scotland, MD, which is surrounded by nature and the ocean and is amazing BUT...20 miles to the nearest grocery store...so I'm driving and stopping at these little bait shops trying to find coffee desperately (for the morning) and all the places stopped had TONS of beer, liquor, and wine...but NO COFFEE...
I took a breath and said a prayer and FINALLY I found a shady lookin, run down place and they happened to have a bag of Dunkin Donuts Original Coffee hahaha....Boy did I want to give up and curl up with some red wine or liquor or BOTH haha...did I mention it's RAINING?? Oh well, a sober day on a rainy beach is better than a drunk day anywhere, am I right?
I am sipping on Ginger, Peach, Green Tea w/ matcha and trying to unwind.....u know....now that I got the coffee
Old 04-15-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I expect you'll all unwind after a few days
I hope you have a great sober vacation
Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on your 2 weeks! and your self control! That is so awesome! Have a great rest of your vacation! Oh and you got the best coffee!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Vacations can be stressful even under the best of circumstances. I hope now that you are settling in you can begin to enjoy yourself!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks All! It was a weird, but awesome feeling walking into a store full of booze and actually only be looking for coffee....AND I might add...quite ironic that all the other vacations...I would have been tracking down a store that had booze NOT coffee...
The liqour laws are different from what I'm used to as well..there's liquor everywhere! haha
Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, I can relate to stress regarding vacations. You made it through the tough part, so now you can relax and enjoy your coffee in the morning. I hope the rain stops.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildchild69 View Post
Thanks All! It was a weird, but awesome feeling walking into a store full of booze and actually only be looking for coffee....AND I might add...quite ironic that all the other vacations...I would have been tracking down a store that had booze NOT coffee...
The liqour laws are different from what I'm used to as well..there's liquor everywhere! haha
I can relate! We go to the OBX every year (I'm also from VA) and the first stop was always to pick up alcohol. Congrats on 2 weeks and enjoy your vacation!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Job wildchild69, keep it up. Remember what got you here. Just try not to drink too much coffee late in the day. Relax and enjoy your time.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, those are gambling dice. Wish you the best of luck, every situation is different, and it all depends on your firm standing and your relationship to vacation goers.