Notices

Staying strong

Old 04-15-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying strong

So I am now on day 6 , and to be honest it has been a very long week.

It seems like everyday has been an emotional roller coaster. Ups, downs, angry, depressed, happy.

Everyday all day I am constantly going through this battle with myself where I start justifying reasons to drink again and that it will be ok because I can control it, I'll never understand this because when i come back to reality I know damn well I can never drink normal again.

This is where I cave every time usually ending up in a massive bender, the 1 week mark. Searching for those fun times I used to have, only to never find them. I won't cave this time though, I'm sure of it. SR has been helping me so much, just reading here every time I get the chance.

Anyways, no point to this really just wanted to talk about my week because I know people will read this and that makes me feel good lol

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Check out Rational Recovery and the AVRT thread in the secular section. Both have some good tools to help with the mental battle. Keep going it does get easier.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 days. You are doing fantastic. The first week or two was the hardest for me. My moods were everywhere and I had monkey mind at night. Yes, google monkey mind and it is real. Anyway, I am glad you are hanging in here with us. It is a real learning journey you have taken. As your mind clears there is so much you will learn about yourself and others. It amazed me the things I was pouring alcohol on. Learning to deal with it all sober was sometimes hard, but always interesting. Good luck on your journey an know we are walking here right beside you. You are never alone here.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 6. Each day should get better unless we pick up for some reason, and we can usually make up a reason to satisfy our cravings. I was taught by old hard timers that I don't pick up a drink even if my azz falls off. Last night I was at a meeting and a lady disclosed her mother had died at noon time. She was using the tools in the program to help her through this sad period by being where people understand us.. It used to be said there's a tool for every nut, just use it.
I hope you keep coming and posting.

BE WELL
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

There's a liar living in my head, too. I can hear him, but I'm not listening to him.

Congrats on 6 days!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job on Day 6, JasonnB. Keep SR close; just post if you need us.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can DO this JasonnB! Stay strong. You are doing great. It DOES get easier.

Good luck. We are pulling for you.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice! Really helps a lot.