Notices

Changed Life

Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Changed Life

Wow, I can't believe that over 8 months ago I started a process to change my life. I was drinking every.single.day. Not just drinking, but would totally get drunk. I told myself repeatedly that it was a process...to hang in there.

I started by not drinking for 30 days just to see if I could do it. It was the hardest thing I had ever done. During this first month, I had a major back injury, detox and was a total basket case. This went on for about 3 months.

I conciously chose to drink after I felt like I could stop and found myself having mini binges. This would make me feel crazy...so I stopped.

I went to the Doctor in the early winter and got a prescription for a low level anxiety pill and take it as needed.

I feel better today than I have felt in years. I drink occassionaly but it is becoming less and less.

I can leave my house anytime I want, not just in the morning to go to work, I can actually drive at night again.

Let me be clear, I am not sober and do not claim to be, but this forum helped me get my life back.

It's a process.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go ! That's great to hear - wonderful to have your Life back, hey. Congratulations !
Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!! Looks like you got this under control and you have your life back.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Solosweat View Post
Wow, I can't believe that over 8 months ago I started a process to change my life. I was drinking every.single.day. Not just drinking, but would totally get drunk. I told myself repeatedly that it was a process...to hang in there.

I started by not drinking for 30 days just to see if I could do it. It was the hardest thing I had ever done. During this first month, I had a major back injury, detox and was a total basket case. This went on for about 3 months.

I conciously chose to drink after I felt like I could stop and found myself having mini binges. This would make me feel crazy...so I stopped.

I went to the Doctor in the early winter and got a prescription for a low level anxiety pill and take it as needed.

I feel better today than I have felt in years. I drink occassionaly but it is becoming less and less.

I can leave my house anytime I want, not just in the morning to go to work, I can actually drive at night again.

Let me be clear, I am not sober and do not claim to be, but this forum helped me get my life back.

It's a process.
You may not be sober as you say, but going by your post you are so much better than before. I personally do not think I could have a drink again as that would open the flood gates and you know the rest.

Well done, you are doing really good.