Notices

New and scared

Old 04-14-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New and scared

Hello Everyone

I just joined the group yesterday and I am very scared of what I have become. I know there are groups that are they to help and I am hoping this one will be one them. I am not the alcoholic that needs to drink everyday and for the most part when I do drink I need to get that "Good Buzz," but this past Thursday I decided to have a couple of shooters with lunch and they found out and I lost my job. I had a very good job and I was doing very well at it, but I messed up. And now my husband is very mad and disappointed in me. I can't stand it he won't even come to bed or really even talk to me. I am hoping that he will come around soon as I have called a couple of AA places around here and would like to go and talk to them and find out which one is best for me.
Thanks for listen to me and hope I will make new friends on here that I can talk to.

Debrox
Old 04-14-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Debrox, I'm sorry about your job and that your husband is so mad at you.

You make the lunchtime drinking sound like a one-off, but is it? Because most people don't spontaneously decide to have 2 shooters with lunch. Also it sounds like your husband might be at the end of his rope. Is this the latest in a string of incidents, or has your drinking been an issue for a while?

How much and how often do you drink? You can tell the truth here, most of us are alcoholics in recovery and nothing shocks us. If you can decide whether you have a real problem it will be much easier to find a program and become sober.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I wonder if your husband is so angry because this problem is ongoing?

You have found a good place here for support and information so I hope you continue to read and post.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Debrox,

I know that at the moment you probably feel like everything is broken and unfixable, and that losing your job is the worse thing that could have happened. But there are so many people who have had problems with alcohol who have experiences this kind of hitting rock bottom, and luckily, for many of those people it turns around and becomes the start of the rest of their lives. You say you have looked into AA meetings near you. Please go along to some. You will not have to speak at all if you don't want to, or you can take the opportunity to share your story. I went to my first meeting last Monday, and went to my 4th meeting today. I know that I have a long way to go, but I am also confident that I CAN do this with the support of the AA fellowship, the wonderful people I have met there who are willing to share their experiences so that I can learn from them, and the 12-step programme.

Take care x
Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had a problem before that when we 1st got together I had to spent time in jail for the 2nd time for accidents that I caused from being drunk. My 1st one was in 1998 and the second was 2008. He did come and see me every week, but I can see why he is mad. And yes I have done it before getting shooters while I was at work, but watched what I did, but that is no excuse. I know I want to feel better because when I am sober I feel great and there are days or even weeks that I can be sober. I really want to be a better person and not ever do this again, because I have so much to lose. I am hoping if anyone has any suggestions about where I might be able to go in Thornton, CO please let me know I could use the help and encouragement from new friends.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can turn things around. We understand how hard quitting is but specifically maintaining it and not giving in when things get better.

I'm personally a chronic relapser, but I have my first one on one meeting with a therapist tonight in an outpatient program.

Hopefully he can help me figure out why I became an Alcoholic.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you go on the AA website there is a search facility on there - the people on this site are from all over the world, so are unlikely to know groups from your specific area. I'm in Cambridge UK, so a long way away
Have a look now and see what you find, eh. And then GO there. It took me a few times of walking past the door before I finally got my butt through a door. It is a big, scary step, but it could be the best thing you have ever done.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Alcoholics Anonymous : Local Resources that provide A.A. Meeting Information (U.S./Canada)
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

8968 N Washington ST near the sunrise village shopping center

303-322-4440 is the 24 hour hot line for this area.

There are a couple meetings every day at this location.

use this link for more details: Meetings

Good luck -- GO TO A MEETING
Old 04-14-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We're glad you are here with us, Debrox.

I think you may be in the right place.

The consequences of your drinking history sound a lot like my own experiences.

Please stick around.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR Debrox.

If you call your local AA helpline number,someone will talk to you and be able to tell you about the meetings in your area.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome and talk to me any time, hun xxxxx
Old 04-14-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry for what you are going through.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR DeBrox - there's tons of support and understanding here

D