Notices

Urgets 😣

Old 04-13-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Urgets 😣

Hello all.

So lately I've been just wanted a nice shot of whiskey!! Or anything with an alcohol content.
On one hand I don't want it because I've made it so far. And I don't know how or who I'll be after drinking it. Or how far off the path it will take me.
Yet that other hand I wanna be numb it a little. I'm tired, stress and wan a escape.

I wanna be in another world for a little while.

I don't know what to do with myself. The area I moved to has nothing to do after 9pm, but go to a bar.

I don't want to start form day one again that was hell. Ughh. I guess I'm just having a tough time dealing with these latest urges. Nothing to pull my mind away from it. 😣😣😕
Old 04-13-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi disco
there are some good cravings tips here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

you can also respond to posts here or go into the chat room.

Why not make a list of all the things you could do after 9pm - rent a DVD, read a book, engage in a hobby?

D
Old 04-14-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was in your shoes once before I got some sober time behind me.
While trying to stay sober, I wanted a shot of whiskey, too, so I started taking them at eight in the morning. In no time I was back to drinking full time.
It's one thing to want something. It's another to act on it. It's called impulse control.
I hope you find something to occupy your time and don't act on those impulses.

Best to you.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Try try again

Hi Disco22! I hope you overcome this urge. It's so encouraging to me to read in this forum how far people have come. It's people like you in SR who give me hope.

My still-healing brain was crying out for alcohol yesterday. It came upon me like a sudden storm. I managed to sooth the restlessness by speaking aloud to my mind, pleading with myself to not believe the lies of impulsiveness, until there was calm. My hope is that you also have calm today.

Thank you for sharing your battle and your victory!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Disco, maybe if there is nothing to do after 9 pm , you could go out earlier in the day . Go for a run or cycle to wear you out so you could sleep earlier and rest. Find something that you are interested in and put effort into that to take your mind off the drink. Works for me as I look around at all the things I started doing and never finished, now they are getting done! Don't be hard on yourself, life gets better sober, I promise! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-14-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Disco. I am glad you came here and posted. Every post helps someone. Stay strong. When I don't know what to do with myself in the evenings, I come here. I read the threads, go to the chat room, read blogs and remember why I came here in the first place. I don't want to go back to losing my memory the night before, the foggy head, none of that stuff. Life, even with not a lot to do is better sober.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone for the support and advice. I will try these ideas and see what works. Thank you again.

Ps huntingtontx we have the same sober date!! Congrats on 9 months!!!!