Courage To Change 04/12/14

Old 04-12-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 04/12/14

It’s only natural to want a quick fix or an immediate solution to a difficult situation. As one member jokingly puts it: “Grant me patience, Lord—and hurry!” My sentiments exactly! Do I have some discomfort or a problem in my life? Let me fix it, or be rid of it now.
Is it a situation I’ve lived with for twenty years? Fine, I’ll give it fifteen minutes. Perhaps I’ve lived with it all my life—well then, an hour, maybe even two. Is it connected with alcoholism? Do its roots run really deep in the ground of my being? In that case, I’ll make a few program calls and share at a meeting. Is it still hanging on? Very well, I’ll launch a major campaign of self-criticism. What’s wrong with me? Why do I have all these feelings about something that isn’t important? I’m sure I caused all this myself; somehow I’m to blame. Heaven forbid I should surrender, accept my discomfort, and pray for guidance.

Today’s Reminder

Willpower cannot eliminate in a day troubles that have taken root and flourished in my life for decades. Things take time.

“You cannot create a statue by smashing the marble with a hammer, and you cannot by force of arms release the spirit or the soul of man.”

Confucius
Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This was especially meaningful for me today. Thank you Carlotta!