Notices

Home Jerome

Old 04-11-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home Jerome

Hello Friends,

Great to be back home at last, sober and optimistic for the future. Seems like every day is 29 hours long when I’m away so it’s always good to see the sunny deep blue sky again, especially when you’re not hung-over.

Haven’t managed to toss my electric cigarette thus far. That addiction seems a completely different animal to booze. But it’s not the end of April yet and before then I aim to kick it into touch. Am thinking of coping mechanisms and they appear to be very different to those I used with alcohol. Putting aside the health aspects, maybe it’s because one can smoke in far more places than one can drink? And you can’t lose your job for smoking or get bust for driving while you smoke.

Spent most of my time on site working so there’s not much time to think of anything else. Certainly shakes out the alcohol cobwebs and I find my grey matter paddling quite hard upstairs and drawing a fair amount of amps. Spent part of my 40 day anniversary ankle-deep in mud (at least I wasn’t throat-deep in booze!). Month 2’s anniversary is just around the corner.

Must buy a local SIM next time. Just been too distracted to get one so far with the result that my home service provider is smiling all the way to the bank with the redirected traffic.

Have been able to read a few posts now and again and wish all those who have slipped up slightly a hefty dose of strength and perseverance in their recovery. Life-sized admiration for your honesty and courage in being able to relate your different experiences. They keep all of us on our toes.

Strength and prayers to all of you for continued energy and determination in carrying on with your desires and actions to banish alcohol from your lives.

Welcome also to the new members. This site lives, breathes and grows through its members and the more of us that are here, the more strength we can collectively muster.

Next trip should be round about the first part of May and I’m going to take my wife with me. It’s not fair on her being at home all the time.

Enthusiasm, passion and prayers in recovery to all of you.

Keep warm, sober and safe.

Everything’s gonna be all right. Rockabye.

Bruce.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go on 40 days !!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Bruce - Congratulations

D
Old 04-11-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind wishes, guys, much appreciated.

It seems like just a few days ago I was a shaking, gibbering wreck because of alcohol. I don't know how I didn't lose my job and my dear wife.

This site and the support here rocks! I thank my Higher Power that I found this site and for helping me in my recovery.

If I can get sober, there's hope for everyone. Really!

My best wishes to everyone in their path to continued sobriety, and to those that feel there's just a bottomless pit, keep plugging away, an hour at a time if need be. It does get better surprisingly quickly and in time "the magnificent reality of being sober is beyond imagination".

Bruce.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Big congrats, me dear xxxxxx
Old 04-12-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support, KateL, (and all the others of course) really good to be physically "Home" and cyber "Home" - this site.

Keep your powder dry, guys 'n gals.

All the best,
Bruce.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you Bruce - 40 days is something to be thrilled about. We know how hard you worked for it. Keep it going - it'll get better and better.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn,

Really appreciate all the support here.

40 days reminds me of my conscription in the army many moons ago. (40 days to go before finishing a two year period). It was always a huge drinking session. This is a very different 40 days for me now.

I like responding individually where I can, because I value the time and effort put in by the poster to actually writing something and it makes me feel good to reply personally.

Thanks again!!

Bruce.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome home Bruce. 40 days!