Courage To Change 04/11/14

Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 04/11/14

Why continue to come to Al-Anon? Because without spiritual help, living or having lived with an alcoholic is too much for me. I often need help to maintain a rational perspective. I long for a closer relationship with my Higher Power. The people in my meetings are so warm and loving that I would feel deprived if they were not a regular part of my life. The Steps, Traditions, and Concepts all serve to put structure and goals in my life. Al-Anon is the light that helps me find my way in the dark.
As a longtime member, I am very familiar with Al‑Anon, but I am no more of an authority than any other member. I try not to present myself as a paragon of Al‑Anon wisdom, and I discourage newcomers from putting me on a pedestal from which I am bound to fall.
I retain the right to have problems, to cry, to make mistakes, to not know all the answers. I still have and use a Sponsor. I continue to give service to Al-Anon, but I don’t have to be in charge.

Today’s Reminder

The amount of time I’ve spent in Al-Anon is less important than what I am doing with that time today.

“I don’t resort to Al-Anon only to learn to live with the active drinking problems. It is my way of life, an increasingly rich and rewarding life, as I learn to use the program in depth.”

One Day at a Time in Al-Anon