Notices

Crazy dreams

Old 04-11-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy dreams

I'm on day 5 of detoxing and my dreams have been sooo crazy!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My dreams have always been a litle crazy but they were absolutely certifiable in the early days of recovery. Hang in there, Podgy.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just learning this site..feeling happy to be alive and well on this beautiful Friday!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Crazy dreams are common in early recovery. At least that means you're sleeping well!

Please check out some other threads here, like the Weekend Thread, 24-Hour Club, and the "Class" thread for the month you start your sober journey.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've always had lots of vivid dreams in my whole life (I often say it's like my mind is a surreal multiverse) but yes during the first couple weeks of sobriety they were incredible in both quantity and intensity. And definitely not only good ones. The real bad ones for me tend to correspond to days with especially high anxiety, so I find that managing my anxiety during the day helps the nights as well.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
painless

Unhappy Dreams day 25 clean

Had about 30 of the craziest dreams ever last night and didn't sleep one wink. i kept rolling over to apologize to my girl but she wasn't there and i doubt ill see her soon... She agreed at first to see her therapist with me and he recommended we see each other once a week for a month where one week shes in charge with what we do and the next i would be in charge. that made me so happy. we had a beautiful dinner and were intimate like never before. dropped her off and messaged her when i got home safe only to get a text back that stabbed deep into my heart where she said she couldnt do this anymore and that she wished we had a loving relationship but its not healthy because im an addict. i know she fears ill relapse but sometimes a man can learn what he needs to learn with one huge mistake. i know i wont use but i cant stand when she tells me it will happen again in our futures. even if she relapsed i would never abandon her. never. i just know i would do all i could t help her. i went through all this alone because she gave me tough love which i still deserve. i just want a chance for her to tell her story to my therapist which in turn i kow would help me greatly. i lied because of drugs. im nothing like i was then. nothing. if its meant to be then time will heal all wounds and well be together. shes about to be36 and i want a baby and not for her to wait longer because if u have a baby at 37 the chances for a bad carry are ten fold i think. im so lost without her but getting stronger and stronger daily. cant even think about meeting another women and in my tattoo studio since i lost over 38 pounds and gained alot of muscle many women are talking about me but i tell them im married... any advice is appreciated... not used to dealing with a true broken heart... much love and prayers for all.. PAINLESS...