Notices

Sober Weekend April11/12/13 - Weasel's Weekend Off!

Old 04-11-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sober Weekend April11/12/13 - Weasel's Weekend Off!

I returned from a work-related trip and got plugged in this morning to find a PM from Ken (a.k.a. Weasel) asking me to start the SOBER WEEKEND thread! Seems he is traveling this weekend to provide personal support to a loved one who is ill, and won't be able to be in consistent contact with SR.

Our thoughts and prayers to Ken and his family!

So let's get this weekend started!

After work today I am going to prepare to have an old friend over for dinner. I worked with him in Africa, and he is in town this week. He's a teetotaler, so drinking is no issue. The weather looks good, and I think we will BBQ.

Gonna put doors on my shed Saturday.

Making plans to fly my brother (who has Down's Syndrome) to my house for a week in June as a birthday present for him.

And......... delicious, nutritious, empowering bacon!

What are YOU! Doing?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Wanna share your back rib recipe? Funny, I never seem to 'forget' I have something on the grill anymore now that I'm not already half wasted by the time the guests arrive. This weekend for me is a BBShop quartet competition and a birthday, my third sober one! Thanks for the thread, Nonsensical.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Friday night here. We leave to go away for a wedding tomorrow morning and return Tuesday. I plan to return from the trip 6 days sober !!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What part do you sing, Freshstart? I was a second alto in my a acappella group in college.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Thanks Non for getting us started. Work today and then my weekend starts. Cleaning and purging, clearing and then more cleaning. My husband has been on a spring cleaning mission and I am only hoping for strength to keep up. He always has more energy than I do.

So here I raise my cup of decaf in a toast to stay sober and to wish all a sober weekend!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks nonsensical. Will you put bacon on the BBQ?

My husband and I have a babysitter tonight and are going out for a meal. In the past, we always restricted ourselves to restuarants within walking distance ( staggering distance) of home. Tonight we can go anywhere and then drive home.

And I will be hangover free and unashamed at my young sons birthday party tomorrow morning.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The weekends will be the hardest for me, as I WAS a weekend drinker, but tonight we are going to eat seafood, stop by Lowes and pick up some paint, tomorrow will be paint the back porch day for me! Hubby is not on board with me, he will probably have his beers, but I'm strong and I can do this!! Today is day 6 for me and I'm feeling great! Have a beautiful weekend my friends!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kid free again this weekend so it will be tough. It will be a month this Sunday for both me and my BF. I woke up this morning thinking....ahhh, it's gonna be such a nice weekend, in the 70's, no kids, can't wait to get home and sit on the porch with BF and have a glass of wine! Do some spring yard work followed by a couple of cocktails...maybe some cards and drinks with the neighbors....then it clicked and I can not lie, it made me a little sad to think that I can't have drinks...why does this make me so mad!!! Why does drinking have to be a problem for us...UGH. Shut up AV!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That time again Sober Weekenders!!

Anyone else watching the Masters Golf this weekend?

I'm off work all weekend, so plenty of green tea and relaxation I think!!

Let's do this!!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am in for the weekend!
Thanks for starting it off Non.
Just now saw a story on the news that pork and BACON prices are going to go up by like 50%.
They have some odd justification for this.
Like everything isn't already so bloody expensive.

Anyway...supposed to be warm around these parts this weekend. I plan on planting some of my starts, I will probably take the dog to the park. Maybe it is time to purge my closets.

Happy Friday Weekenders!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
That time again Sober Weekenders!! Anyone else watching the Masters Golf this weekend? I'm off work all weekend, so plenty of green tea and relaxation I think!! Let's do this!!
I'm in!

PK I'll be watching the Masters. Who do you like? I may even get out for 18 holes tmro.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in. Day 17
Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Wanna share your back rib recipe?
Actually, my ribs (on the grill) need some work. They're OK, but not extaordinary. I do make a slow cooker beef short rib that'll knock yoiur socks off, though.

The friend coming over is a bonafide pizzaholic. (He takes his family on pizza themed vacations - seriously.) I am going to grill some pizzas tonight. Grill the personal size dough to get it solid, then pull it off the grill and each person tops their own pie, then back on the grill to finish the crust and melt the cheese. They are quite good.

I have done bacon on the grill before, and I may again tonight!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so in! Great weekend planned and counting down to it
Old 04-11-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober weekend.

I am going to install a microwave/convection oven in our kitchen. My wife always complains about not having two ovens so that problem will be put in the past.

Going to a hobby rocket launch on Sunday, might even go out to the launch site on Saturday evening and camp.

Have a great sober weekend.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm in! I'm singing tonight at a ceremony, and then maybe dinner out after. Meetings tomorrow and Sunday, and a few rehearsals. Lots to do, and can't do it hungover Let's do this!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Count me in too!!! Dinner tonight with my husband, tomorrow I'm visiting my mom, working on some projects for my styling business, and AA meeting in the evening. It's supposed to be really nice all weekend so Sunday I want to clean my patio and do some outdoor reading
Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

A sober weekend here please I'm in ..

Just gonna mosey on through till monday .. no big plans .. take my mum shopping , go see mex-m8 .. enjoy the sunshine ..

All calm and quite god willing .

Bestwishes, m
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oldselfagain View Post
PK I'll be watching the Masters. Who do you like? I may even get out for 18 holes tmro.
I fancy McIlroy if he can keep himself together!!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Not watching Masters this weekend. Trying to get motivated here at work. Rats. Gorgeous outside. Not a whole lot on my plate. Antsy!

Found this blog while reading the newspaper online. About | I Want A Dumpster Baby The writer is 14 years sober. I love her writing as she is celebrating recovery. She is fun and is living life. Outlines a lot of the struggles and is humorous - she is also the 40 year old mother of one year old twins so she has her hands full. If you are looking for some good entertaining and encouraging reading check it out.