Notices

Parent's gotta Love!!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Parent's gotta Love!!

So many people post about parents opinions and I'm going to add one to the discussion this evening.

I was on a training course yesterday through work and we had lunch provided, at the time I clocked that some of the chicken sandwiches weren't tasting so good, I even noticed after a few bites that some of the chicken wasn't cooked through, but I thought nothing of it, a few gulps of coffee and back to the training, I was content that this was the first Sober training course I had attended without a hangover.

Until this morning, when not since last November when I became Sober, did I empty the contents of my stomach in the bathroom, back then it was a regular occurrence, hungover, dehydrated, an awful feeling, this time I knew alcohol wasn't to blame.

Now I can't be sure that the chicken sandwiches the previous day were at fault, the jury is out, it could have been a virus, but I do know I was in my mom's house that morning.

My mom has been ill for the last few months, so I decided I would stay over at least once a week, I'd cook for her, make her cups of tea, we'd laugh, watch TV and share company, it truly has been amazing, we have been getting closer and shared some amazing times, I even got her watching ice hockey!!

However this morning my mom doubted my sobriety, figuring that I had been drinking last night and that is why I was throwing up, which she could hear this morning!

I know she cares, she has every right to doubt, her son went on a bender for over 5 years, why would she not doubt?

But I just wanted to get it off my chest, I just need to be confident of what I know, I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since November!!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear your ailment was not caused by drinking purple-k.
Sorry that you had to go through that. Undercooked food, especially poultry can be bad news. Hopefully that's all it was and you survived.
Consider also your body may have been confused - first time training without a hangover n all. Maybe it was mad at you!

Tell your mom I said to not worry.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you were sick but glad it wasn't due to drinking.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is a very good post...thanks for sharing!

My mom drives me absolutely bananas but I am happy that you have a good relationship with your mom

I often forget that trust takes time to build back.

Sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon