Children See, Children Do

Old 04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Children See, Children Do

Old 04-09-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Two of our former employees (2 brothers) came from an abusive home. They both watched their dad beat up their mom many times. Both brothers swore up and down they'd never do that after seeing what their mom suffered.

But the oldest brother did, in all 3 of his marriages. The youngest almost did to his future wife but put his fist thru a car window instead. Soon after that he joined the Marines, deciding he needed the strict structure. So far so good.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
addicted to love<3

this almost made me cry. choked up.

How true.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I volunteered in a women's shelter and read and learned a lot about abuse and the sad truth is that children of abuse often become abusers themselves or they become the abused. They see abuse as part of expressing love. That's just sad.

It doesn't have to be that way, for the abused parent or the child. Shelters everywhere will help them get away from the situation and heal from the pain. But sometimes the mindset of fear just keeps a person frozen in their situation.

Prayers for all the abused parents and children.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

I often think of Chris Brown, the young R&B singer. I saw an interview with him when he first started becoming big. He spoke about growing up in a home watching his mom get battered. How he was just a kid and couldn't protect her. It was a very emotional interview and it ended with him saying "he would never". But, then he did, and then he did it again. Children see, children do.