Notices

Successful Bad Day; On Day 9 tho ;)

Old 04-09-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Successful Bad Day; On Day 9 tho ;)

Hey there...i'm sure you all can relate to a bad day? but have you realized that a bad day sober is a successful bad day? May sound crazy, but true. I had the most emotionally challenging day yesterday....from the moment I woke up it was like the universe was playing a trick on me. I work in the pub of a beautiful location...and for the first time since being sober, I felt that tug to just sit down after work....soak in the view and a beer ....and a couple shots lol BUT.... I DIDN'T! and i'm so glad I didn't...BECAUSE.... at the end of the day, when I laid down to go to sleep...I had succeeded in the ultimate goal and it felt WAY better than those drinks would have
BAD DAYS CAN BE SUCCESSFUL.. would love to hear your thoughts
XO Stay Strong and Focused
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That makes sense. I'm only on day 1 but looking forward to being able to have had a 'day off'. Wel done
Old 04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildchild69 View Post
Hey there...i'm sure you all can relate to a bad day? but have you realized that a bad day sober is a successful bad day? May sound crazy, but true. I had the most emotionally challenging day yesterday....from the moment I woke up it was like the universe was playing a trick on me. I work in the pub of a beautiful location...and for the first time since being sober, I felt that tug to just sit down after work....soak in the view and a beer ....and a couple shots lol BUT.... I DIDN'T! and i'm so glad I didn't...BECAUSE.... at the end of the day, when I laid down to go to sleep...I had succeeded in the ultimate goal and it felt WAY better than those drinks would have
BAD DAYS CAN BE SUCCESSFUL.. would love to hear your thoughts
XO Stay Strong and Focused

I work in a bar setting too, where we are allowed to drink while working, so I can relate to the "being around alcohol" bit. A bad sober day is most DEFINITELY a successful day!!! I think a lot of us think, while we're drinking, that if we stop drinking all our problems will POOF disappear. Nope, we can just cope with them sober now (versus not at all?)

Mad props and congratulations to you for resisting that temptation!!!!!! You can do this!!!! I'm one week in myself. You're showing me I can make it to day nine too! I find these forums soooo incredibly helpful. So glad you posted! Rah! Keep up the good, hard work! "Half a league, half a league, half a league onward..."
Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done! Every victory not matter small or big adds to to make us more solid each day
Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know, I'm having a really horrible day that actually started going in that direction last night, it's my 8th day off of opiates, and I really appreciate your thoughts right now. It's just what I needed to hear.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!! I COMPLETELY get what you mean!!! I'm on day 9 too and the last couple have been a little more difficult....no particular reason other than boredom, but you're right, the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day is worth it for sure it's nice to know other people get it
Old 04-09-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job, wildchild. I have the kind of thoughts you have; I think that it is progress when we can say that a even bad day can be a sober day.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
You know, I'm having a really horrible day that actually started going in that direction last night, it's my 8th day off of opiates, and I really appreciate your thoughts right now. It's just what I needed to hear.
Adnamaeel, I'm so glad my post helped! Always focus on tomorrow morning, that's what I do....I know it's gonna get easier, but bad days will always come. At least we are dealing with it, as opposed to forgetting about it...

Roguedreams...I hate to say this, but I'm so glad I'm not alone in the bar scene. Yes, we drank on the clock too.... it happens at every bar...lol...if u think not, you're pleasantly mistaken. Thanks for your support and I'm so glad you responded to my post! Keep up the good work!

Everybody Thank You for Your Thoughts and Encouragement :O) I don't mean to sound too chipper, but I had to make a bad day useful
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
Good for you!!!! I COMPLETELY get what you mean!!! I'm on day 9 too and the last couple have been a little more difficult....no particular reason other than boredom, but you're right, the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day is worth it for sure it's nice to know other people get it
Mrsbee, the boredom thing gets me too.. haha it sounds so pathetic, but sometimes you just want to change your "frame of mind"....or make sitting on the porch a lil more exciting...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one too.

End of the Day....Let's Be Proud of Ourselves ;0)