Notices

Going to rehab

Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to rehab

Hey all,

I'm going to a private rehab in two days, need to get myself sorted out.

Hoping that they will let me use the internet while I'm there.

I'm in a pretty bad place at the moment... Wish me luck
Old 04-08-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good luck, MrG. You can do this. I've never done rehab, but I did do six days in a medical detox facility and then 4 weeks of IOP. It was exactly what I needed to kick-start my sober living life.

If they allow internet, I hope you'll keep us posted. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-08-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good luck MrG
Old 04-08-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you MrG. That's a courageous decision, and I wish you well.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If they do allow internet, you'll be lucky. I had no phone, no internet, no books, magazines, newspaper, TV, or radio. And they took away all my clothes and made me wear hospital johnny and bathrobe. They said I had to concentrate on going to the groups and meetings and sleep, and since there was nothing else to do, that's what we did, but boy was it BORING. Good luck! Hope you do well and come out healthier and happier.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scintillady View Post
If they do allow internet, you'll be lucky. I had no phone, no internet, no books, magazines, newspaper, TV, or radio. And they took away all my clothes and made me wear hospital johnny and bathrobe. They said I had to concentrate on going to the groups and meetings and sleep, and since there was nothing else to do, that's what we did, but boy was it BORING. Good luck! Hope you do well and come out healthier and happier.
Did you find it helpful? I'm mindful of them just taking everything away and making me just as miserable
Old 04-08-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My husband went for 10 days last month and they didn't allow internet...no tv and phone calls once a day. But he learned SOOO much and he says it turned his whole outlook around for the better. I've never seen him happier honestly. Best of luck to you!!! You'll do great
Old 04-08-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck, most places restrict contact with the outside world, for good reason, probably. Hope of see you back here soon!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes B.

You can ask all these types of questions of any rehab before you go in.

Personally I think even if it is a no contact with the outside world type rehab that's probably no bad thing.

You can get some rest peace and quiet, and really get to grips with your problems.

D
Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MrG we'll be thinking of you. It'll be great if you can keep in touch - but if not, we'll be here when you get back.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I went to inpatient treatment for 20 some days. There weren't many restrictions where I was.

There were lots of classes and counseling and some downtime. Just couldn't isolate in our rooms.

Even without the restrictions I just pretty much **** everything off and focused. You'll get whatever you put into it.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck Mr G, I hope you can still visit us in the March Class... I'm glad you're doing what you need to be doing. Please check in with us when you can
Old 04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, Dee... As the font of wisdom that you are I think you're right. I need to get away for a while, no matter what the circumstances are. According to the website you can freely make phone calls any time of day, so hoping I can use my phone for SR. Maybe if i explain to them they will listen, maybe not
Old 04-08-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, big news MrG! Hope you can take advantage of everything they have to offer you, you definitely seem to me like you're ready to accept the help you need to get the sobriety you want. We'll be right here pulling for you and look forward to your posts whenever you're available to write them. Peace.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
Wow, big news MrG! Hope you can take advantage of everything they have to offer you, you definitely seem to me like you're ready to accept the help you need to get the sobriety you want. We'll be right here pulling for you and look forward to your posts whenever you're available to write them. Peace.
Thanks so much. Hope you're well too

Love you all! Anyway, i still have two days before I go so I'll be around a while yet
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow that is great MrG. Bring warm clothes, Everyone wears sweats or jeans. Notebooks for writing.
Comfortable shoes, It will be chilly in there.

They will keep you busy, you are going to learn so much about recovery and yourself! I am happy for you!

Plenty of cigarettes (if you smoke) Change for the vending machine in case it runs out.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Wow that is great MrG. Bring warm clothes, Everyone wears sweats or jeans. Notebooks for writing. Comfortable shoes, It will be chilly in there. They will keep you busy, you are going to learn so much about recovery and yourself! I am happy for you! Plenty of cigarettes (if you smoke) Change for the vending machine in case it runs out.
Thanks Deeks yes I'm packing a carton of smokes already!

I'm really scared but hope it will help me
Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

MrG! <hugs>

I will definitely miss you but am so proud of your bravery! We will definitely be here for you whenever you are able to check in. Don't forget about the Marchers! We are all pulling for you!

<hugs some more>
Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm with PaperDolls, B.. You will get out of it what you put in to it.

I wouldn't change a thing about my 30 days I had when I did it. It was hard sometimes...but not because of the schedule...it was sometimes hard dealing with all my feelings. And I had them all. Sometimes all in the same day. But that was the beauty of it. I was safe, there were people there to help me navigate through them..and I did it. Sober.

Think of it like a buddhist retreat or an ashram. Yes, maybe you won't have Internet. It may be a tight run schedule. It will be okay. Keep an open mind and and try all that is offered.

The real world will always be waiting for us. Take a break from it and go find the start to your new life.

I wish you the best experience ever. And I will hear from you when you get back.
xoxo (((hug))) B