Notices

Turning it Around

Old 04-06-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Turning it Around

So, Since my sobriety date of January 18, 2014, I drank on 3 occasions. One day it was 2 glasses of wine, one day it was 3 glasses and last night it was 7 glasses. Each time I chose to drink, I was under a tremendous amount of stress and I did not know how else to handle it. But I am positive that drinking is NOT going to resolve any issues---ever.

I am done feeling sorry for myself because things in my life are not the way I want them to be. Only I can change that and though it may take work, I CAN change situations. My attitude was the problem in some cases.

As far as dating, I saw the "red flags" and something didn't feel right...and it culminated in me being verbally and emotionally attacked for hours. BUT going forward I NEVER have to allow anyone to treat me like that. It IS better to be alone than to be with someone who treats you poorly.

From now on if i want something, I need to take the actions on a daily basis that will get me to where i want to go.

I CAN do this. and i do NOT have to drink over it..or over anything.

Thank you for listening/reading.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 04-06-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Sounds like you've got the right attitude Nicole. If you're having a bad day in the future, you should come back and read this thread.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for coming to these realizations!
I'm sorry you had to endure the abuse you spoke of.
Take back, and own your self respect! It is so worth it! I would respectfully suggest that you put dating/the idea of needing a relationship on the back burner for quite some time.
You are the most important person in your life right now!
Remember, there are no problems, only attitudes!

Sending you good wishes as you move forward.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Nicole.
It all started for me with being sick and tired of living a half a**ed life. I knew in my heart that the only way I had a chance of working on all the things I needed to work on was for me to eliminate the most obvious problem to begin with. Drinking.

Whether it was 1 drink or a 100, it didn't matter. The aftermath always was just a reflection of what I thought about myself....not much.

Alcohol just doesn't work for me. I don't care what anyone calls me...alcoholic or not. All I know is if I want a life of doing and being my best, drinking cannot ever be a part of it.

And that's okay. I will live. And the longer I go without it, the clearer it becomes.

It's what keeps me going. If I ever have a thought about it being okay to have a drink, I look at it as a trade off. It's one or the other. I either get a life of finding my true value or a life of less than my value. Period. There is no in between or having both. I will never be able to learn how to take care of myself if I think I can do it and still drink.

Just me.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Nicole. Sobriety date 4/7/2014?????
Keep up with a good attitude.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like you, I allowed the disease to bring me down and to accept that it was okay for people to treat me badly. It's such a nasty cycle to get caught up in. You can change things and be the person you want to be.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lbrain View Post
welcome back nicole. Sobriety date 4/7/2014?????
Keep up with a good attitude.
4/6/14
Old 04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post Nicole. Glad you're feeling more positive

D