Help! I don't know what to do.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
testosteronecity

Unhappy Help! I don't know what to do.

I have just had to call 911 because my 14yr old son had a knife to his throat and wouldn't put it down. He was mad at me because I taped his and his 9 yr old brothers mouths shut because the wouldn't stop calling each other horrible names. (okay, I shouldn't have used tape, but I was about to lose it) He has treatened suicide one other time. He has asked me not to tell his dad. (I didn't tell my husband about the 1st time)But how can I not. I know Cole is having his own problems dealing with his dad's alcohol abuse and I haven't been much help since I've had a hard time dealing with it too. But I can't take this. The police told my son if they had to come back again, they would have to take him into dallas for a physciatric (sp?) evaluation. I have made an appointment for him with a therapist he saw a couple years ago for ADHD. My therapist told me that on average an alcoholic affects 27 lives. It amazes me to no end because if I say anything to me husband about what happened today he will not even see how he has played any part in this. Thanks for listening. I really need my Al-Anon meeting tomorrow.

Tracy

Old 06-11-2002, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Lightbulb

Have you tried taking your sone to an alateen meeting? My stepdaughter, who is 15, felt they were very helpfull since all the teenagers there are going through the same thing and they can relate to eachother.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
testosteronecity

I talked to him about it today and told him I thought it would be very helpful to him.

Tracy