Notices

losing it all to drink

Old 04-03-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

losing it all to drink

I hope i don't offend any one with my story if so I'm sorry.. So i finally get the job i have been wanting after 5 years.. It was thru a family friend.. Its a union job with great benefits and all the to you could ask for.. I have called in 3 times already after only being there 4 months.. I feel terrible .. I should be ecstatic with my job.. I can't alcohol runs my life and I'm sad and tired..
Old 04-03-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Time to quit drinking?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sounds like you're ready to make a change. We're here to help. What's the plan?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you again but I'm sorry to hear you're so low bnmbh.

Alcohol doesn't have to rule your life tho - not if you're prepared to make changes, work hard, and stick to them?

D
Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Sounds like you're ready to make a change. We're here to help. What's the plan?
Im so scared.. I know what needs to be done.. Ijust never make that decision.. My family is very supportive.. Im worried I'm going to lose my job .. Im just a mess right now.. I want so bad to be normal..
Old 04-03-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by bnmbh View Post
I want so bad to be normal
I want to be a billionaire NFL quarterback. In the world I woke up in today I'm about to go shower and get ready for my mundane 8-4 shift.

More people lose their jobs getting drunk than do getting sober.

Do the right thing.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi. many of us can identify with the turmoil alcohol produces within us. Because of self induced fear I procrastinated for 2 years before plugging the jug. I needed to study and practice how to live without alcohol in my life and it was well worth it as I was headed downhill at a very fast rate at that point as alcohol is progressive and never gets better. It's great to feel comfortable in my own skin most of the time now.

BE WELL
Old 04-03-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bnmbh.... it might sound hard... if it does.. I know it does for me.... if it sounds hard break it down to the next moment if you have to... just break it down to small segments where you can stay sober.... break it down and prepare for the urges... they will come but if you are prepared you'll succeed through them.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bnmbh View Post
Im so scared.. I know what needs to be done.. Ijust never make that decision.. My family is very supportive.. Im worried I'm going to lose my job .. Im just a mess right now.. I want so bad to be normal..
you're BLESSED not to be normal.

Many of the 'normal' masses throw too much booze down their gullets all their lives. They don't have a "problem" with alcohol.... so they drink it regularly. By their 40's or 50's they have a big fat paunch they'll never lose and are into a habit of regularly hanging out with others celebrating with alcohol and food and sliding into a sedentary lifestyle cruising straight for the grave.

You on the other hand, have a "problem" with alcohol. It's so potent for you, that you have received the blessing to simply stay entirely away from it. Leave it to others. Let "normal" people poison themselves while you choose a path of sobriety, joy and pure experience of life....

This thing is a blessing. Come along for the ride and you'll see!!!!!