Notices

Here We Go Again

Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here We Go Again

I wont bore you guys with the long version of my story but this is not my first go at the attempting sobriety. Due to recently having a daughter i think its time i give this a more serious attempt. Im currently on day 1 since my last binge so im right in the middle of the fun of withdrawal. In the last year i have become more of a 4 days on 4 off and every time i put myself through withdrawal i still tell myself i never want to do that again. I have tried AA and a 16 week outpatient program and all i could think the whole time in that program was "i cant wait to be done with peeing in a cup so i can go have a drink like a normal person." I am not apposed to AA at this time but I dont want to be another one of those guys who comes to meetings drunk because no one wants to see that while they are trying to make a serious effort.

I will try and post through my withdrawal and hopefully be able to help others because I dont have to tell you guys how unfun it is.

Oh btw im trying to taper with some wine but I know what to expect since this isnt my first rodeo. To anyone attempting detox for the first time get medical help it is very scary.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To calrify

I dont want to scare anyone from detoxing but I guess the best thing to do is read a bit so you know what to expect
Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Bfisher! I hope to see lots more from you here!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, Bfisher, to SR.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Welcome to SR!

Have you talked to your doctor about detoxing? You're right, it's no picnic in the park.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Bfisher - you found a friendly place for support. We all understand what you're going through. Stay safe and keep posting. You can do this.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have dealt with doctors and librium but I just end up drinking while taking the drugs.

Currently quite sweaty and still cant eat much. Not looking forward to sleeping in a puddle of sweat.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Bfisher xxx
Old 04-02-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thats the 5th foot cramp ive gotten today. Getting up and dancing around is not on my list of favorite things to do today
Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey bfisher

I have dealt with doctors and librium but I just end up drinking while taking the drugs.
The reason why I recommend seeing a Dr is not about the drugs, it's about getting some expert opinion about your detox in your specific circumstances.

Trying to taper with wine seems like an inexact science to me.

Be careful.

D
Old 04-02-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I appreciate your concern. My finances are not where they need to be at this point so im taking the cheaper route over the best idea. I guess I should say ive gone through inpatient, IOP, gotten librium from the doctor 3 times now. Im just not that good at making the best choices when Ive gotten so much help already.