Notices

Whew, that was a close one

Old 04-02-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whew, that was a close one

Went to the grocery store today, the one with the liquor store attached to it, for the first time in a week. I used to go there sometimes 4 or 5 times a day and not for canned goods. Wanted to actually grocery shop because it was closer to where I worked today. Next thing I know I remembered I had a couple of bucks in my pocket, better half not home for a few hours, I could get away with this. Buy a 1/2 pint and be fine by 5 BUT, I didn't. I looked so forward to getting home and getting this off my chest. That flipping sucked! AV was like on a megaphone!!!! Thanks SR. Day 6 still sober and happier for it!

Thanks again
Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go! I've been reading lotsa posts on SR that say resisting temptation is a great way to build up those sober muscles. Sounds like you just got a little bit stronger, well done.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nicely done. That's the way to succeed!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by QuitinMsp View Post
Went to the grocery store today, the one with the liquor store attached to it, for the first time in a week. I used to go there sometimes 4 or 5 times a day and not for canned goods. Wanted to actually grocery shop because it was closer to where I worked today. Next thing I know I remembered I had a couple of bucks in my pocket, better half not home for a few hours, I could get away with this. Buy a 1/2 pint and be fine by 5 BUT, I didn't. I looked so forward to getting home and getting this off my chest. That flipping sucked! AV was like on a megaphone!!!! Thanks SR. Day 6 still sober and happier for it!

Thanks again
Well done, your mentally tough that is a huge thing, weak moments don't go well with a weak mind..
Old 04-02-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

GREAT job!! It can be really hard to walk away from something that seems so easy (and at the time, logical to do). You might have gotten away with it from the perspective of your better half, but your body would not be so trickable. Congrats on your day 6!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

" I could get away with thisnd be fine by 5 "

typical AV. I personally know I would not be fine by 5 nor 6 nor the next day.