Day 2. Things my beast said to me today.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2. Things my beast said to me today.

BEAST: Oh man, look how nice it is outside! Sunny, blue skies. FINALLY warming up outside. Wouldn't it be great to go to the bar? I bet they have the outside seating set up! You could sit outside on the sidewalk and enjoy some beers! You know how you love that! Probably got some seasonal brew on tap!

ME: STFU beast.

BEAST: You could just have one or two. I mean, I'm sure you won't overdue it if you're conscious about it.

BEAST: You know, your boss is gone this week. I'm not saying you'll get wasted, cause you're going to be conscious about it, but if you did get a little bit wasted, you could just drink a bunch of water before bed and you'll be fine.

BEAST: The baby is coming in three months; don't you want to enjoy the last few months of freedom? You can quit drinking then. Besides, look at this weather! It's gorgeous! Your last spring to do whatever you want! Are you really going to let this opportunity to sit in the sun and enjoy some beers pass you by?

BEAST: [Silence]
Old 04-02-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love it. Can't wait to get to where you are
Old 04-02-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I probably made it sound easy. It isn't. It takes everything not to give in. Hopefully it will get easier though.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you read Rational Recovery yet Carbonite?
Old 04-02-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by Carbonite View Post
I probably made it sound easy. It isn't. It takes everything not to give in. Hopefully it will get easier though.
It will get easier. Soon you will be someone who simply doesn't drink alcohol, pass the popcorn please.

But here's the thing - you will always have the ability to keep your commitment to yourself and your future. Easy, or hard, or 'nearly' impossible, it is ALWAYS possible to never drink, and that is enough.

When I look back, I might have thought it was difficult, but it didn't really matter, the degree of difficult was irrelevant. I was going to do this no matter what. You can do it too. I know you can. Onward!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Carbonite, we had a thread going for a while on things our AVs said to us. Some were really ingenious, not to mention funny. But only funny if they didn't work.
My AV is all about lazy Sundays by the beach with a glass of wine. The thing is, I can do that with a glass of soda and still enjoy. And I do.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Getting ready to read SR, it came in the mail last night. I won't be getting **** faced so, reading is a good distraction. My doctor gave me a few days worth of xanax to get me through the worst of the cravings. I did take one last night, and it helped, but I don't think I'm going to take anymore. It's only half a mg but it zonks me out. And besides, I don't want to trade one addiction for another.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Looks like you're on the right track, Carbonite!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mine told me to sit in the garden in the sun with a drink too. Funny how we're all so predictable! My drinking was hardly ever a relaxing drink in the sun - more like zonked out in bed, oblivious to the weather.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by beckys View Post
Mine told me to sit in the garden in the sun with a drink too. Funny how we're all so predictable! My drinking was hardly ever a relaxing drink in the sun - more like zonked out in bed, oblivious to the weather.
My beast said something similar and I thought the exact same thing last night. Predictable is right.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hahaha, that's funny! I love that the beast doesn't care that it switched to 3rd person because it knows you aren't buying the fact that it isn't really your voice! When I stopped drinking the beast tried to tell me I would never have any fun bowling without having a beer! LOL, yeah, the once every 5 years that I bowl - it will just be boring without a beer I bet.... LOL!