Notices

Pretty Depressed today guys 33 days sober...rant

Old 03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Pretty Depressed today guys 33 days sober...rant

I am so depressd you guys. I am still facing my 2nd dui charge and that is why I am not able to drink because of a alcohol bracelet. I feel like my life is crap I am 25 and have no degree and getting this 2nd dui I watched my dreams get flushed down the toilet. I wanted to be in lawenforcement and was joining the military. 1 night changed all of that. I feel like a loser failure. I live at home with my mom now and have no car, however I did get a job that I cant wait to start. What can I do to help myself not feel like this? Not to mention I met an awesome girl who is a police officer and I am wondering wtf she wants with me...I feel like I cannot offer anything to anyone. You would think at 25 years of age I would atleast have my **** togethr a little bit but alcohol has stolen everything from me. It has stolen my dream careers, dignity, health at points, public image, everything. I dont know what to do anymore I am in a worst place now than I was 3 years ago. Talk about 3 steps forward and 7 steps back......kill me now.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you still have a lot to offer nate.
At 25 your life is NOT over - geez, you've barely begun, man

You have many years ahead and I'm sure many opportunities to seize and make good.
This new job may be the start of that, who knows?

What you've done is not who you are.

You can get past all this and shine Nate.

D
Old 03-31-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

33 days is a miracle for many of us! Way to go!!!!

If I said that depression is common at 33 days, would you believe me? Well, it is.

Are you working any method to stay stopped or just doing this for the courts now? The sooner you know that you and alcohol are not a good combination, you can have an awesome sober life at your young age!!

Don't wait another 25 years like I did and have a cruddy life.

I really do wish you well on your sober journey!!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
33 days is a miracle for many of us! Way to go!!!!

If I said that depression is common at 33 days, would you believe me? Well, it is.

Are you working any method to stay stopped or just doing this for the courts now? The sooner you know that you and alcohol are not a good combination, you can have an awesome sober life at your young age!!

Don't wait another 25 years like I did and have a cruddy life.

I really do wish you well on your sober journey!!
mostly for the courts but I should start a program cause wen this crap is over I dont wanna drink.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by natehamburg View Post
I am so depressd you guys. I am still facing my 2nd dui charge and that is why I am not able to drink because of a alcohol bracelet. I feel like my life is crap I am 25 and have no degree and getting this 2nd dui I watched my dreams get flushed down the toilet. I wanted to be in lawenforcement and was joining the military. 1 night changed all of that. I feel like a loser failure. I live at home with my mom now and have no car, however I did get a job that I cant wait to start. What can I do to help myself not feel like this? Not to mention I met an awesome girl who is a police officer and I am wondering wtf she wants with me...I feel like I cannot offer anything to anyone. You would think at 25 years of age I would atleast have my **** togethr a little bit but alcohol has stolen everything from me. It has stolen my dream careers, dignity, health at points, public image, everything. I dont know what to do anymore I am in a worst place now than I was 3 years ago. Talk about 3 steps forward and 7 steps back......kill me now.
Ah man, I feel for ya. If your in the United States, its going to be a tough ride. I have no idea what an alcohol bracelet is, All I can guess is it tracks your movements, not what you ingest. In Canada you use to be able to get a full Pardon, hides your record until something else serious happens then its wide open. USA has never had that, I do not think. Well its time to look good in front of the judge and or jury. Start taking the government courses so you can tell these univercity grads that you are cured from this disease. I know that we never are, but they seem to think you can be cured. Then once your done that spin-dry government course, take another course that is more indepth. I can tell you the key, atleast for the Canadian system is to go to trial or sentencing as quickly as possible. Do not drag it out. The quicker you get a conviction date the better. Probabtion will be in order, with the usuals dont drink, dont drive, keep the peace. Probation is the worst to be on, when slipping n sliding, just makes your prison time longer in the end.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, Nate,

We can't change the past, that's done. But you can change your present and future. Sounds like things are picking up for you? Girlfriend (who cares if you don't think you're worth her attention - she sees something in you ?!?!). Getting a job, looks a lot better to me from the last time you posted.

And don't forget that achievement of 33 days. Well done. I don't know what an alcohol bracelet is but if it's helping you, then see it as an ally?

Things will get better, trust in yourself. You're not a loser or a failure.

Small steps, Mate.

Don't try and boil the ocean in one go.

Just small steps and victories.

All the best!

Bruce.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

Originally Posted by natehamburg View Post
I cannot offer anything to anyone.
Come on, man!

1. you have an awesome girl who obviously thinks you have something to offer;
2. you got a job, so someone thinks you have something to offer.

Not to mention that, at 25 (damn, I envy you) you have all the time in the world to re-build your life in whatever way you wish.

Good luck.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wish I was 25. I had 5 minor in possessions by the age of 18 and it still took til the age of 43 to really want it bad enough to stop drinking. I have ran my business into the ground from drinking but I intend to start over and rebuild it even better than before. And I will succeed. Never give up my friend
Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nate, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You've begun that journey now by getting sober. 33 days is a fantastic start! Go easy on yourself, man.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Nate, You are not a loser. Done the crime, do the time. Then come back sober and fighting fit. We're in your corner.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's not too late to change course. Just believe that you can, and start working towards doing things differently. Quit drinking. Get your education locked in. Start your career. Save ten percent of your income in a tax-deferred retirement plan. Live modestly, eat well, stay active (a sport is a good idea), be good to yourself and others and good things will follow.

It's not too late. You have virtually all of your adult life ahead of you.

Your sentencing may go better if you have the makings of an inspired turnaround to tell the judge about at the hearing. So there's some incentive to get started ASAP.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Chin up. You're doing great xxxx
Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
It's not too late to change course. Just believe that you can, and start working towards doing things differently. Quit drinking. Get your education locked in. Start your career. Save ten percent of your income in a tax-deferred retirement plan. Live modestly, eat well, stay active (a sport is a good idea), be good to yourself and others and good things will follow.

It's not too late. You have virtually all of your adult life ahead of you.

Your sentencing may go better if you have the makings of an inspired turnaround to tell the judge about at the hearing. So there's some incentive to get started ASAP.
And what others have said...

nate, jeeeezzzz. I envy you. I have 30 years on you and just starting over again. Take the knowledge you have now about addiction and use it to your advantage. I wish I knew about this when I was 25. First things first - do what it takes to maintain your sobriety, Learn and grow.

Rent the movie "Raising Arizona", get some popcorn and sweet tea. Feel good about yourself.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

33 days thats great your on the right track