Notices

New here and floundering

Old 03-31-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here and floundering

I am new here but have been reading some of the posts. I've been trying to get off the alcohol since December and I get a few days here and there but don't manage much more than that. I've been going to 4 AA meetings a week. I haven't gotten a sponsor. I am fairly comfortable going to the meetings but I really don't talk to people there. The meetings are enormous.

I have a pattern of drinking 3 beers most nights of the week. I'd day 5-6 nights regularly and sometimes every night. Usually I can get myself to quit for a couple of days at a time.

Some people tell me this isn't a lot but I think about it a lot and that can't be good.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, SpringWater.

If you are worried about your alcohol consumption, it is likely that you have a problem with alcohol and, if you do, it is likely to only get worse.

You will find a lot of support here at SR; glad that you joined us.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by SpringWater View Post
Some people tell me this isn't a lot but I think about it a lot and that can't be good.
All that matters is what you feel is right for you. Others have opinions of course but if you feel alcohol is a problem for you, it most likely is.

SR is a great place- hopefully it can help you overcome your cycle of returning to drinking. If you like the overall AA program i'd say getting a sponsor would be a good idea too, and maybe locate some smaller meetings if the one you go to is very large.