Notices

New day and another step

Old 03-31-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New day and another step

I finally went to the dr this morning after driving all the way to work and then having anxiety. I just told my boss I didn't feel good and would be back tomorrow. I called a dr my friend referred me to and they scheduled me right away and she was great! I told her about my anxiety and drinking. We did blood work for a couple different things. Yes I am scared but I needed this. She also prescribed me Zoloft and gave me referrals for counseling. I think this is going to help me not drink. Especially is the lab results aren't good. Starting over again at day 1. I cannot continue to feel like this and function properly! I don't want to lose my job! Or my life! Or my family!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Scheduled to see a counselor this afternoon as well.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jillian.Seeing your doc was a good step,Hope you stick around SR
Old 03-31-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you! I just left my counselor, now to stay busy and hopefully hp to the AA meeting she recommended. My hands still feel numb so I hope that subsides soon and I hope I have no withdrawal symptoms. She really didn't recommend that I quit on my own for safety but I hope I will be okay.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Depending oh how much you drink you might need some Valium to safely withdraw. Did your doctor mention it? You sound really positive. Good luck with it all. Do you like the counsellor?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The dr did not mention Valium or anything besides Antabuse. She didn't even mention it was not safe to suddenly stop. But I really liked her as she was really thorough and positive. I also like the counselor.

My husband and I seem to be getting closer and understanding each other better. It's not perfect yet, but definitely getting better. He's been off drugs for three weeks now. But he does drink too.