Notices

123 days... still a rollarcoaster sometimes

Old 03-31-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

123 days... still a rollarcoaster sometimes

The last few days I just have been feeling off. It's the ole foggy head, slight anxiety, and emotional overreaction to small things. It all started when I went out to dinner on Friday with some friends I haven't seen in a while and we were in a busy restaurant. I just feel extra sensitive to any kind of stress. I know it's PAWs, or so I think but coping is difficult especially when I don't always feel like I have complete control over my emotions. It feels like some days I could just cry at the drop of a hat for no important reason. 123 days, I expected it would be better. It's as if it comes in waves. I am in one of those waves right about now. I just keep telling myself it will pass. I just wish it would pass now.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi cusper,congrats on the 123 days! I don't have any advice for you because I feel exactly the same, today is 90 days for me, except for me it doesn't come in waves....I just feel off all the time..lol, but your right about it being PAWS, I heard it gets easier at 6 months in, sort of got to grit your teeth and wait for it to pass, your not alone.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Teigan5

Well done at 123 days. I'm only at day5. By reading posts like this it helps for me to see what is ahead and be prepared for instances like ur going thru. From reading other posts this seems to be quite common as our emotions are still all over the place and it takes a long long time to settle down. From what I have learned so far is that it does get easier as time goes on but with ups and downs with the downs getting lesser and lesser.

I'm in no way in a position to give you advice as you are far ahead of me. However you are encouraging me and others by your posts and I'm sure you get the same from others who have managed even longer than you. Keep it up as if it wasn't for more experienced folk like you us new comers would have less of a chance.

My heart goes out to you, so hang in there as it will pass and we're all routing for you.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanx AS, Yeah it's awful. Thank you for writing in to me. Sometimes I just feel like I am losing my mind and scaring my husband in the process. If you had asked me a year ago what I thought I would be doing at 4 months sober I would think I would be swinging from the trees at this moment. Turns out it's called recovery for a reason!! Congrats on 90 days!! Apparently this is the tougher part of recovery from what I've read saying that PAWs 3-6 months it peaks. Hope you start to feel better.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teigan5 View Post

I'm in no way in a position to give you advice as you are far ahead of me. However you are encouraging me and others by your posts and I'm sure you get the same from others who have managed even longer than you. Keep it up as if it wasn't for more experienced folk like you us new comers would have less of a chance.

My heart goes out to you, so hang in there as it will pass and we're all routing for you.
I would like to 2nd this. I am only on day 9 - but reading posts such as yours gives me hope and the strength to continue forward.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks cusper, its surprising isn't it? During my first month I thought to myself how great I would feel at 3 months...well I'm here and I feel very out of it! I also feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes, its like one big scary ride, the foggy head, anxiety, depression,..... its unpleasant to say the least! I feel very vulnerable to life's stressors, definitely think its PAWS at its peak, thanks for posting, it is comforting to know there people that feel the same way, take care.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cusper - congrats on 123 days

I think re-integrating ourselves into society is tough anyway - kudos to you.

If you feel it's PAWs that's affecting you - read this: there's actually some good tips for ameliorating it's effects.

PAWS | Digital Dharma

D
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, That's a great site to have on hand. Today was the first nice day (weather wise) in my sobriety. We left the house and stayed outside all day and that helped considerably. Thank you to everyone who wrote to me today. It helped so much. xoxoxo