It rains it pours

Old 06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It rains it pours

I thought today would be a good day since I spent the night at my brother's house and was feling better. Then things went bad. I called today to see if I got the job I didn't get it. Then i got my ACT results and I did worse then the first time I took it. It rains it pours. I am feeling a little down but still doing okay. Things will get better I know they will.
Love,

Shana :sigh:
Old 06-28-2004, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Shana)))
It's hard when you get bad news in double doses.
Keep the faith.
There is a job out there for you, and you will do well on the ACT.
Gabe
Old 06-28-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Sometimes we get sticks in our spokes, but dont give up. I always say....I was looking for a job when I found that one....keep looking theres one out there.
As for the test, maybe you are getting test anxiety. Say a little prayer and meditate before you take it. A never second guess yourself.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Renee

I went through the job hunting nightmare last winter, trying to be selective and find just the right job, and I was uinsuccessful. Then, out of the blue I got a phone call for an interview that didn't really appeal to me at all but I had nothing else to do so I went. I got the job and I really like it.

Don't give up. There is a job out there just waiting for you, and you will only find it by looking.

It seems to me that just when we feel that our lives have come apart at the seams, that things fall into place exactly the way they are supposed to and we can move ahead. It's the waiting that can be a killer.

Sending hugs and prayers for better days to come.
Ann
Old 06-28-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Guys for all the positives. If you first don't succed try try again. I am going to put in more applications tomorrow. I will fine some I hope very soon. I have put in 7 applications and had two interviews so I guess that is not that bad but I will keep trying.
Love,
Shana
Old 06-29-2004, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What do you want to do Shana? I'm originally from Medina, Ohio and my sister works in Canton. Maybe I can help?
Alexia
Old 06-29-2004, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alexia,
I really like working with kids ages new born to 5. Maybe kichen aide at a nursing home. Maybe at a restrant. or Something. I am really up to try anything right now. Thanks for caring so much.
Love,
Shana
Old 06-29-2004, 10:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Shana,

I am a nurse in a Nursing Home, great thinking there..Nursing homes are always hiring new people, as it takes a special person to work there....many people try it...but few can actually do the work. How about trying to be a nursing assistant? Most NH will train you and get you certified....once your certified your opportunities are boundless, just something else to consider, but remember its very very hard work....but the most rewarding!!
Sending thoughts your way,
Sue
Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

sturpin is right.....I've been a cna for 16 yrs. It is rewarding work. Its hard but worth it. Many places will pay you while you go through the class, you might want to try.
I am happy to say I am back in school working toward RN.
Keep your chin up Shana
Old 06-30-2004, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I also am in healthcare and long-term care, although it's a consulting role as a CPA. There are always positions open for CNAs nurses, etc. Hospitals have the same need.

Just keep on plugging Shana, you'll find something!
Alexia
Old 06-30-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I have filled out another application and my sister-in-law's mom is going to pay me to clean her house once a week. I am so glad about that my brother married a wonderful person and her family but I will keep looking for a job.
Love,
Shana
Old 07-01-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

way to go Rose!! Good luck....and Godspeed, we need you out here badly

Shana, I'm glad you got a positive going for you!! Keep your chin and faith high, and it will all fall into place.

Sue