Thought for my day.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

Thought for my day.

If someone told me I would be very happy (alone) in 6months/ 1 year what would I think of? or focus on?

I decided I am going to focus on that thought. I would be able to let things go a lot easier. Feeding my mind with determination and doubts would fade.

I hope everyone has a great day and to ask themselves the same and see how you would feel or think of. Hugs!!

Radiant
Old 03-31-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a good thought, Radiant, and I thank you for it. I think I've told you guys before that I'm an avid outdoors person, runner, biker, triathlete -- I live for being active and outside. Well, for the past six months, I've been struggling with an injury that means that I have days when even walking is a challenge.

I think God is trying to teach me patience (I can't believe I flunked that class even after being married to an A for 20 years???) because I keep wanting to jump ahead to that point you're talking about -- being happy, being back to being able to do what I love doing. I'm irritated and frustrated by the process. Even though I know the process is necessary.

So I'll borrow your thought for today.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm starting to view happiness as a ODAT thing. When I string 5+ days together that are really difficult and unhappy, I realize I need to make some adjustments in my life. Otherwise I start my morning thinking about what I'm going to do in my free time that evening -- what awesome thing am I cooking for dinner? what's the weather going to be like? what adventures will we have while running errands?

This didn't become a reality, however, until after my STBXAH moved out of the house and I spent a lot of time in reflection and meditation, and figured out how to clean up and control my life.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
That's a good thought, Radiant, and I thank you for it. I think I've told you guys before that I'm an avid outdoors person, runner, biker, triathlete -- I live for being active and outside. Well, for the past six months, I've been struggling with an injury that means that I have days when even walking is a challenge.

I think God is trying to teach me patience (I can't believe I flunked that class even after being married to an A for 20 years???) because I keep wanting to jump ahead to that point you're talking about -- being happy, being back to being able to do what I love doing. I'm irritated and frustrated by the process. Even though I know the process is necessary.

So I'll borrow your thought for today.
I love the outdoors too. I am horrible about patience but it's a good quality to have. You will get there. I hope you recover from your injury quickly.

I ended up getting planters fasciitis in my feet and oh how bad it hurts. I didn't let it stop me though I still go to the gym and use the weights and that is great. I miss the running and even jogging but I want to stay some kind of active.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I'm starting to view happiness as a ODAT thing. When I string 5+ days together that are really difficult and unhappy, I realize I need to make some adjustments in my life. Otherwise I start my morning thinking about what I'm going to do in my free time that evening -- what awesome thing am I cooking for dinner? what's the weather going to be like? what adventures will we have while running errands?

This didn't become a reality, however, until after my STBXAH moved out of the house and I spent a lot of time in reflection and meditation, and figured out how to clean up and control my life.
Yes when I first separated it was one second at a time now it's days
I love your thought on the weather and dinner etc. I will add that to my thought process.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Plantar fasciitis is a b***h. I'm sorry. Good for you for keeping going!!! I found that biking and later on the rowing machine worked even with PF when I had it.

Rehab training is boooooring. And it's such a two steps forward, one step back process. But then again, so is recovery. We just got to keep on keeping on, right?