Notices

Back at day 1

Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at day 1

So after 2 months of being sober I fell of the wagon! Boy did I screw it up big time! Ended up drunk at work and my boss had to drive me home. I am embarrassed to no end & totally ashamed of myself. How am I going to face him?
Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am in the same boat, Sher. I think the only thing to do is to brush ourselves off and start again.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry sher - the only way through this is..through it.

You can make certain you never have to feel like this again though

welcome back

D
Old 03-31-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everyone else is right, pick yourself up and get yourself through it. I find it always resonates so badly the day after, coupled with the depressant effect of alcohol a 100 times worse. Remember that feeling. Write it down....write why you never, ever, want to feel that way again.

We try to fool ourselves that our drinking will be successful and not end the way it used to. It invariably does. I just have to remind myself I love being sober much much more than I could ever enjoy drinking again.

Best wishes.xx
Old 03-31-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Put on my big girl pants and went in and talked to my boss. I am very fortunate to have worked for him for many years with no issues. He was very understanding and said we all make mistakes its just what we do from there that's important. Your right Dee74, I can make sure I never feel like this again.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

You've shown great strength of character by coming here and telling us all about it - as well as going straight back to work You've had 2 months of sobriety (and freedom). I'm sure that will stand you in good stead.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done Sher. That showed great courage and I can only imagine how hard that was. You deserve to feel better x
Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Been there done that, unfortunately at 2 different jobs. Both of my bosses were incredible, but did try to minimiZe the situation. For the moment that made me feel better in retrospect, I should have lost both of those jobs. Thankfully today I am in a position to learn from those mistakes.

Congrats on fessing up and dealing with it head on. That's a great acomplishment. Keep moving forward!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Let me say that I should have been fired on the spot. Fortunately for me I've been a longtime employee and my boss knows me on a personal level as well. I won't go into my personal troubles as I am very aware that we all have them. I choose not to deal with them head on and instead took the cowards way out! I can only give it my all and show him that he was right for caring for me and giving me a second chance.