birthday's

Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

birthday's

I have to learn to detach from everyone........My mother-in-law comes over everyday and picks up my six year old while I am at work......which is her natural grandchild and doesnt want to really bother with my 10 year old.......she doesnt care if he is home by himself.........I have fought over the past 8 years regarding her bring stuff over to my house (snacks) for Bree and not bringing anything over for my other two kids........I have had repeated arguements with my Husband over his mom not treating my other two kids fairly......I realize that there is nothing I can do about it.........So I need to set boundaries.........with her as well........She spent well over $200.00 for my six year olds b-day which was December 19th and my other two kids birthday's are June 30th and July 7th and the Bi***h after nine years dont even buy them a card.........one is going to be eleven the other is going to be 15.........I have always tried to spare their feelings.........I guess my feelings are really hurt being there mom, and I cant understand how someone could be that cold hearted to a child or children.......Someone set me straight.....how can I feel better about this??????

Old 06-28-2004, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont think there is anything wrong with explaining to her that your six year old's siblings are hurt by her obvious lack of attention. If she cant treat them all the same, maybe she can leave the expensive gifts she buys at her house. Your six year old can play with them when visiting.
Hang in there,
Alexia
Old 06-28-2004, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gracey

I think that I am back sliding...........I am letting stuff bother me today that I cant conrol. I am leaving work with a bad attitude and I cant let if affect the rest of my day......so far it is affecting no one but myself, cause I havent seen anyone........and I dont want to be this way anymore.........it is almost like I am Jeckle and Hyde........but I dont drink......so I am the one that is worse off......that is very scary........

Old 06-28-2004, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I said the same thing to my counselor last week. She told me to give myself permission to be human. You are allowed to have a bad day. These problems took years to develop, they wont disappear overnight.
Bad days are days to reach out to friends, go to a meeting, take a hot bath, or "just be".

Take it easy on yourself today!
Alexia
Old 06-28-2004, 01:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gracey

Thank you for listening, and making me feel sane........you to feel like this sometimes...........ugggggggggg.......Well I am making myself a promise.....I am going to be very good and I am going to leave here today with a smile on my face.....(hey, I am already smiling cause I get to go home) I am going to think of all positives things until I get home.....and that should make me happy

Old 06-29-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I told my mother inlaw, that if she cant be fair with the kids then dont bring anything over.
I have the same his, her, ours situation. She didnt even realize she was doing it. She has always tried to treat them all fair, but when she goes on trips she will only bring something back for the youngest. So I just said, it hurts the kids feelings to be excluded and please if you cant do it for all then dont do it. Its not that is no appreciated but, its not easy being a step kid either.
So now she does for all or nothing