Guess I got out just in time?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Guess I got out just in time?

STBXAH was picked up on his first DUI. I don't know any of the details, just that he can't see DD this weekend because he can't drive since his car is in impound? Not sure how he plans to get to work but I guess that's his problem, not mine. Thankfully, the divorce is in process and we've already split off auto insurance.

In more important news, DS16 just got his first job and next week is spring break
Old 03-28-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so glad for you that you are already separated and the divorce is in process! I imagine that it is heart wrenching for you though, and hard on your dd not to see her dad (and, yet again, it fall to you to explain the situation to her, however you choose to do so).

Have you notified your lawyer yet? Not sure what the process is on that, maybe others can chime in, but I would at least send an e-mail and let them know.

Congrats to you DS - what type of job?

Do you have any plans for spring break?
Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well sounds like that is all his problems. good thing you splt off from insurance.
so look forward to spring break. have a good time and enjoy.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyssy View Post
I imagine that it is heart wrenching for you though, and hard on your dd not to see her dad (and, yet again, it fall to you to explain the situation to her, however you choose to do so).
Actually, I don't even know what to say to her because not being able to drive in no way affects his ability to see her... I could drop her off, or oldest ds could since he usually goes over for dinner one night anyway? I will probably just opt for telling her the truth.

DS will be working for a vet cleaning out cages, playing with dogs, etc. Should be fun
Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustAGirl1971 View Post
I will probably just opt for telling her the truth.

DS will be working for a vet cleaning out cages, playing with dogs, etc. Should be fun
yea i think telling her the truth is the best. i think if you mislead her, she might remember that when she gets older , my father did that alot as i grew up and i remember alot of those misleadings

so your daughter going to walk dogs and clean cages, sounds like she will like it. she must be a good animal person.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whew. Close one.

DS16 just got his first job
Congratulations!!!! That put a big grin on my face!
Walking dogs sounds more fun than cleaning cages -- but you know, I tell my kids that it's really good to do a couple of jobs when you're young that are hard work and maybe not a lot of fun. That way, you learn to respect the work of people who have to do those jobs all the time -- and hopefully, it will motivate you to want to get training or education to not have to do those jobs...
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so glad you got out in time too. Really happy for son! It's so much harder for kids to find a job than it usto be, so kudos to him!

Have a good weekend!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How exciting for your son, I hope he likes his first job!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you for getting out in time before the DUI.

I get to clean out animal cages too. I have that lil boxer puppy who likes to poop everywhere, especially in my Rottweiler's crate! lol He's apparently taking puppy steps on house training! He's lucky he's so damn cute! See for yourself....

Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yah! Glad you got out before his DUI!! I wish I had gotten out sooner. My AH has no DUI yet but lost his job. I soooo wish I had gotten out before that. It just complicates things and makes the divorce process longer. I'm sure a DUI is right around the corner. I hope your DD isn't too crushed. She has one great mommy there for her that she knows she can count on. And you are right, it's all his problem! Enjoy spring break and good luck to your DS on his first job. It sounds like one he will learn from and enjoy
Old 03-29-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats to DS16, that's gotta be a great experience. After the alcoholic storm was over I used to hang out a lot with the pets in my family - great and very calming experience for me

Wow, first DUI, another "milestone"...I'm beyond glad for you and the kids that you got out of the dodge in time. Living with an alcoholic is crazy hard, but "incidents" like these are a real reminder how much crazier and destructive things can get in a minute. How are you doing JAG?
Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Good for you for getting out in time before the DUI.

I get to clean out animal cages too. I have that lil boxer puppy who likes to poop everywhere, especially in my Rottweiler's crate! lol He's apparently taking puppy steps on house training! He's lucky he's so damn cute! See for yourself....

He looks like a very eager honor roll student..The Rotti dean shouldn't be too happy to see him do his "homework" in his office though
Old 03-29-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

He's such a blessing! lol
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've been wanting to separate auto insurance...this gives me the push I need! I worry about this a lot.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone! I'm doing ok. Still don't know the details and honestly, I'm not even asking. Not sure if I want to know? I haven't decided if that's progress or denial, lol.

I did tell the kids and was just honest with DD that he said he couldn't see her this weekend. She seemed ok with it but she's a quiet kid and doesn't say much about it. She had a friend spend the night instead, so I think we're ok there.

Boxinrotz, your baby is adorable
Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey... it's none of your business right?

Hope the pic cheered ya up. He is on a rampage all through this house bouncing off the wall playing! I love coming home to this lil man! lol