Things that reflect me daily

Old 03-28-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things that reflect me daily

As I continue healing, I've noticed that in the process my house is looking better..I look better..the inside of my car looks better, and so on. As I take care of me, the things I've always taken care of in the past, or have been my responsibility, are being taken care of again. I noticed that over the last couple of years I sorta let the house go to shambles and realized that the inside of my home looked like the way I felt inside. As I clean up inner me, my home is getting back into shape. Has anyone else experienced this? All I know is that it feels good..the Great Throw Away starts this evening! Woohoo!
My H gets to hear a lot of my thoughts these days -- a new paradigm in our relationship that feels healthy for me. I have a son that has been a problem in the home for years; really every since we adopted him at age 6. This son has been abusive the older he has become and I told my husband the other day over dinner that I am finished being abused; I am finished with BS, period, from which ever direction it may fly. I let him know that if this son balls his fists toward me one more time, he is out of the home and can fend for himself. I love him, but this young man has always had to learn everything in the hardest manner possible. I've given him all that I can and I don't think I have any reserves left in the crazy department for anyone, not even him. In the same breath, I believe it would be the most loving thing I could do for him and me.
I'm ready for peace in every area of my life and by george I'm determined to get it.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh most definitely! As I purged my house, I purged a lot of emotions & the irony wasn't lost on me that my home had become a living reflection of what was going on inside of me.

You sound so strong Katchie, I'd say recovery agrees with you!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, Katchie. You sound so much healthier And, yes, I agree. My home is looking cleaner, less cluttered. I'm also starting to make decisions that I wouldn't have before, or do things I wouldn't have. Also, I've noticed the less stressed, more relaxed I am, the more relaxed the kids are.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
I'm ready for peace in every area of my life and by george I'm determined to get it.
And get it you shall, Katchie! You are a woman on a mission if I ever saw one!

I know what you mean about the outside reflecting the inside. I've always been a, shall we say "relaxed?", housekeeper, but I've begun to do a little extra cleaning of late and been a little more vigilant about vacuuming while the balls of dog hair are only the size of small rodents rather than waiting until they are as big as raccoons. I do enjoy my surroundings being just a little more orderly...

I also know what you mean about being less willing to accept BS from any direction, and I applaud you for drawing a boundary w/regards to the son.

You're on a roll, keep on going!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love cleaning things out and getting organized! My bf had a garage sale with the things i wanted to get rid of and he made $600.

Go girl.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
I love cleaning things out and getting organized! My bf had a garage sale with the things i wanted to get rid of and he made $600.

Go girl.
I absolutely LOVE garage sales, having them and going to them. For some reason, the neighborhood we moved into doesn't attract garage sales no matter what I do. And, when I do get a few people, they want to dicker over 25 cents! What the crud! It's already practically free! Anyway, I'm in no mood to try and sell my goods this time..I just want it gone, gone, gone! When I was heavily thinking about leaving my AH, which isn't off the table if he leaps off the wagon, I had it in mind to get rid of crap. Things just need to be lighter and more manageable around here. If I had to go, or had to throw him out, it would make that job a heck of a lot easier.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeap. Me too. I have a half page of to-do's for tomorrow. Feels great to make progress. It is reflecting at work also (and the bosses are noticing). Whoo-hoo!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been doing the same thing in my home. I think I was previous under the mindset that I was too stressed (or any other excuse, too tired is another one I use frequently) to maintain my home, my own life and my care in a proper manner. Now things are looking better all around me.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wonder if I could put my AH in the garage sale... 25 cents? hehe.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yes, my enviornment usually reflects my state of mind. The better I am feeling about life the more tidy and neat and orderly my world becomes.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have found this to be true also. Home is cleaner and I don't mind doing it. I don't even mind taking the garbage to the road. I noticed yesterday, there's more laughter in our home also.