Notices

How Long Have You Been in Therapy?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How Long Have You Been in Therapy?

For those of you that have visited a therapist as part of your recovery journey, how long and how often do you go? Did you go more in the beginning, say the first year? Did you only go for a year or so, etc. I have been going once or twice a week and really enjoy it. I look forward to it and always feel better afterwards . . . I feel like I have had an emotional massage.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yeah, I still like it. Unfortunately resources are limited in the UK and I have just finished one bout of 20 sessions and on am a list for some more. But I'm not climbing the walls just yet. Trying to remain positive and sing as I do the housework, which I hate!! Should have been born in to the gentry xxxxx
Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been seeing my addiction counselor since 2008. It used to be once a week but in the last year it's been twice a month and now once a month, which is fine by me.

At first I went trying to get sober, now I go to have a place to talk and get feedback on things that are bothering me. I'm lucky, too, in that my counselor is a real treasure.