Notices

Need help to stay of Oxy's

Old 03-27-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help to stay of Oxy's

I have been on oxy's for about 2 years now. started out very little, to now doing a couple a day. Never has gotten more than 2-3 30 mg's a day. And even more now, when I have desperately needed to quit, for financial reasons and family reasons, I have still consistently done 1-2 a day, and they are by no means cheap. I know it's not as bad as some I have read on here doiung a lot more on a daily basis, but it is still ruining my life in many ways. Mentally, I can not get over the hump and just quit for good. Once last summer I quit for a week and a half, and after withdrawals it was the best four days of the past 2 years. But for whatever reason I cannot get over the hump and just quit for good!! I guess I'm just on here looking for any advice or previous experiences that can help me quit this horrible and life ruining habit. I am desperate, and look for any help I can get. Rehab is not an option because I can't afford it and can't drop everything for a month. Thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by todgj View Post
I am desperate, and look for any help I can get.
Todgj - I quoted this because I think it shows that you are in the right mindset to quit. When I was finally ready to quit opiates it was a sense of desperation - not just wanting to quit. The first thing I would say is that for most folks coming off opiates it is a gradual process once you make it through the acute withdrawal. You made it a week and a half and had four great days. Chances are, those four days were nothing compared to how great you will feel after significant time under your belt.

There is a lot of support on here and you can definitely do it if you put your mind to it. There is no half *ssing it though. It is all or nothing and you must be prepared to keep fighting come hell or high water.

I was able to quit without rehab and a lot of other folks were too. Rehab is great if it is an option, but it isn't a requirement.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome todgj

I have no experience with oxys myself but there are many members here who have.
I hope the added support will help.

Withdrawal from anything is tough but if you can get through it without picking up, you'll never need to feel this way again

D