Notices

Ok, my trigger

Old 03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Ok, my trigger

This is my trigger today "frustration". I realize the Serenity Prayer in its entirety.
Accept the things I can not change. All well and good philosophy. BUT now,
my mother is in now in an assisted living facility and she has NOT seen a doctor.
Now she has a doctor assigned to her, but has not SEEN one for 6 months now.
Now most of us here or in life, its best that we get a check up at least once a year. I have been pushed back and forth from the doctors nurse back to the facility nurse AND each one passes me back to the other. grrrrrrrrrrr

Now, I'm frustrated and I feel a beer would help and I've taken 3 sips off it and truly know better. BUT danggggg, no common curiosity, no call backs, pass the buck!!!! I've even stopped in at the clinic where doctor is and was told to call back the facility. I said, I did!!!! Now what would you do? Yes, not drink which I plan on not continuing, but how to I resolve this? Please don't tell me Let Go Let God. I'm an atheist!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Frustrated sounds like the appropriate response. It must be maddening. I don't have a solution. But if she hasn't seen a doctor in six months, one more day won't matter. Put this aside and revisit it tomorrow. With calmness.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Sinead, been a while. Did you grow your hair back yet?

The 'courage' to change the things we can. HMMMM?

The wisdom know the difference.

How about, "The courage to find the wisdom we need to help facilitate change."
I think that's where you may be right now.

Drinking a beer will not help the situation. I don't remember that part of the serenity prayer.

Perhaps a different approach might be the answer. Sometimes just demanding something of someone does not work. I have found it makes them less likely to hear me again if all I do is moan and complain. I'M NOT ACCUSING YOU OF THAT. But I can sense your frustration.
I have seen it in myself for sure. And it never helped ME.

A kindler gentler approach may be the answer. First find out WHY the doctor does not have time to see her. There may be a good reason. Or maybe not. Start finding out the options before you go ranting to the facility - maybe to someone who has no control over the situation and couldn't care less.
Just a thought.
Speak to the Dr directly if you can. Talk to the person in charge of billing. Find out exactly what the cost is covering. ETC.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would ask to find out when the dr will make an appointment for your mother. If you can't set up an appointment, can you speak to the nurse/dr in charge of the facility where your mother is living.

It might take some more patience to get an answer, but you can get through this.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wheeew thank you both. I just got a call from the doctors nurse. I'm very glad she called back and yes, the doctor did see mom back in Sept. and Dec. and March 14th. Sooooo, I had a very good conversation and news filled conversation with the nurse who let me express my concerns which were legit. She suggested to have the doctor call after each visit to assure me that he saw her and to tell me the outcome. All I wanted was verbiage, common courtesy and someone to take ownership of my concern and address it. BTW, I can be a very calm person and diplomatic, but when I'm passed back and forth that gets on my last nerve.

Thank you LBrain for your wit. I too, don't think beer was in the Serenity prayer!
Believe me, I looked and thought there was.

Anna: The nurse at the facility is a LPN and she kept passing the buck.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Talking Follow Up

Wooo woooo! The doctor himself called me last nite and we had a wonderful conversation filtered with respect. He thought my concerns for mom were very valid.